We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
reviews: 47
Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen

Had a chance to visit this restaurant and I ended up going twice.

Good food and service.

biscuits and dinner rolls

chicken fried steak steak, mac and cheese and mashed potatoes

yummy home cookin'

on Presa downtown

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 64
1. Re: Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen

I agree - I've never had anything bad there, an always feel like I got my money's worth.

Edited: 10:00 am, September 16, 2013
Austin, Texas
reviews: 10
2. Re: Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen

FYI: Just read on My San Antonio Food Blog, that building is empty and no one is answering phone.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
3. Re: Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen

Wow. I'll try to drive by today.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
4. Re: Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen

unfortunately, affirmed by SA Express (SEPT 20) and by a friend

"Mr. Tim’s Country Kitchen, 620 S. Presa St., has closed. The space is empty, and there’s no answer on the phone. The restaurant was known of its scratch-cooking, extra-large cinnamon rolls, and it had won Critics’ Choice awards for Best Breakfast and Best Restaurant for the Buck."

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 29
5. Re: Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen

How unfortunate. I hate hearing about local restaurants going out of business.

Texas
reviews: 5
6. Re: Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen

Contrary to popular belief. SA is far from a foodie destination..It seems the more average your food, the better chance you have to do well..Case in point..Today I picked up some treats for the office from Daylight Donuts..These were some of the worst donuts and kolaches I have ever had..Of course food is subjective and this is my opinion

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
7. Re: Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen

Daylight Donuts? never heard of 'em.... from Tulsa, what do ya expect?

any kolache made by a donut shop is not a kolache!

I've never considred SA a foodie destination. anyone else?

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
8. Re: Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen

I love SA's restaurant scene - Gene and I've had this discussion.

It's like music, craft beer, shopping - SA has a huge population of a particular culture - and as such they love what they love. Most of that culture is working class with a small amount of disposable income. That means that the actual number of people looking for a "foodie", live music, unique shopping, craft beer experience is much, much smaller - A couple of hundred thousand. How many great restaurants can a population like that support.

That being said, SA struggles to compete with it's neighbor to the north and talent from Austin migrates down to try to take advantage of a seemingly untapped customer base. So there are a lot of attempts of unique offerings. Some of these are short lived, others manage to grab a foothold and hang in there.

So for essentially a town of a quarter million we have lots of choices, add to that the heritage of Tex-Mex and cowboy cooking, and I'm quite happy with my choices in SA.

There are also advantages to living in a small town - I've never had to wait hours to get into a restaurant here in SA. I drove by Franklin's Barbecue in Austin Saturday morning - folks with chairs and umbrellas, and coolers - I think you could get a new iphone there, too.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 10
9. Re: Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen

Octoboy, nicely said. Since you are elaborating here on this post, I have a question. I know you frequent Rainey St. (in Austin) so would you please talk about the "growth" taking place in Southtown and what effect this has on the tourists who are staying more than 3 days and how they might want to explore dining/drinking in Southtown because they feel they have seen everything there is to see on Riverwalk.

I haven't been to Southtown since this growth started. I have finished my one year of cancer treatments and plan to come back to SA very, very soon in my car and will explore it myself. Meanwhile, I love to hear your input on Southtown from a tourist standpoint.

Thanks much! ! ! !

san antonio
reviews: 22
10. Re: Mr. Tim's Country Kitchen

Looks like Tim's has moved to La Vernia, 14137 US 87 W.

Get answers to your questions about San Antonio