We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outdoor recreation

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kalamazoo, Michigan
reviews: 3
Outdoor recreation

A friend and I will be in San Antonio for several days in march and would like to hike or do some outdoor activities in addition to city attractions. Any recommendations?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
reviews: 52
1. Re: Outdoor recreation

will you have transportation?

edge of the city

…state.tx.us/state-parks/government-canyon

--------

urban/downtown walking...southern most part of the river to the northern most part..the new north extension

SAN ANTONIO TEXAS

Edited: 1:41 am, February 18, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 28
2. Re: Outdoor recreation

You'll need a car for the hiking unless you mean just getting around in the downtown area..

Kalamazoo, Michigan
3. Re: Outdoor recreation

Thank you for your responses. I will have a car and anything within a 1-2 hour radius would be fine. I see that TX has some parks , but am not sure wihich would give me the best feel for the nature in this area.

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 27
4. Re: Outdoor recreation

Enchanted Rock and Lost Maples are my favorite parks within easy driving distance of San Antonio. Great hiking in both if you're looking to do a few easy miles. Gotta go west pretty significantly if you want a lot of elevation gain though.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5. Re: Outdoor recreation

Thanks , I'm looking forward to some sun and hiking.

6. Re: Outdoor recreation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 21, 2014