We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Rental cars - opinions

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ALEXANDRIA va
reviews: 40
Airport Rental cars - opinions

Since I get free parking at BW Sunset Suites, I'm thinking of risking a rental car again after my Alamo Taos disaster.

Prices on the discount sites are only about $10 to $15 spread for the entire week betwen Enterprise, Alamo, Thrifty and Dollar

Any thoughts as to which is better or 6 of one.half dozen of the other

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 28
1. Re: Airport Rental cars - opinions

I would say especially for a couple of days would be great to see the other part of SA with a car.

I personally like Alamo, but Enterprise will pick you up & there is 1 in the downtown area nearby. I'm not a fan of Thrifty or Dollar. !!!!!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 62
2. Re: Airport Rental cars - opinions

I use priceline and go with cheapest - never had any problem except for the hard sells at the counter for insurance and pre-paid gas. Just say no!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
reviews: 45
3. Re: Airport Rental cars - opinions

agree with Pruske..Alamo is based in SA..but they or Enterprise are my usual choices.

San Antonio, TX
reviews: 7
4. Re: Airport Rental cars - opinions

Dollar has always worked well for me and is usually one of the lowest priced rental agencies.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
reviews: 51
5. Re: Airport Rental cars - opinions

Just rented from Enterprise. Great service, no problems. Used a Costco coupon for a free upgrade.

I had rented from Advantage a couple times before and probably won't again. Cars were fine but the sneaky nickle and dime act drives their prices up pretty fast.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
reviews: 51
6. Re: Airport Rental cars - opinions

Just rented from Enterprise. Great service, no problems. Used a Costco coupon for a free upgrade.

I had rented from Advantage a couple times before and probably won't again. Cars were fine but the sneaky nickle and dime act drives their prices up pretty fast.

New Jersey
reviews: 69
7. Re: Airport Rental cars - opinions

I have used all of those mentioned. These days I prefer Enterprise but would use Alamo. BTW, Enterprise, Alamo and National are all owned by Enterprise Holdings.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 26
8. Re: Airport Rental cars - opinions

I can't compare Enterprise to others but have had no reason to do so. They have been extremely accommodating to me in the past. I have received upgrades at no additional cost and their staff have always been friendly and respectful. Waiting has never been an issue either.

Edited: 1:29 pm, March 25, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 279
9. Re: Airport Rental cars - opinions

We just rented from Thrifty while in San Antonio and had great, fast service.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 60
10. Re: Airport Rental cars - opinions

Use to rent with National had their Emerald Aisle just switched to Avis Preffered just rented at SA airport to go to Laredo loved the service.