We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salem in a day?

Which Salem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tucson,az
reviews: 19
Salem in a day?

My kids (13 and 16) and I will be in Boston mid Oct for 5 days and I thought it would be fun to visit Salem for an afternoon/evening or all day. We're coming from AZ and have never been there. My 13 yr old is very interested in the supernatural and my interest is history. Thanks for your suggestions!

england
reviews: 6
1. Re: Salem in a day?

should be fine

we took the train last nov from boston - very easy

Salem, MA
reviews: 9
2. Re: Salem in a day?

salem is definitely worth a visit. you can take the train right into salem rather than dealing with driving/parking spot. check out www.mbta.com for commuter rail schedule to salem (newburyport/rockport line) out of north station. $3.75 each way. i think they have a family rate. where are you staying in boston? the train in salem deposits u within walking distance of all. just go up the stairs and cross the street. salem has painted a red line down the sidewalks going to all points of interest.

Syracuse, NY
reviews: 81
3. Re: Salem in a day?

Absolutely go to Salem for the day. It will be busy if you are there on a weekend in October, but definitely worth the visit. We just got back from our 3rd time to Salem and there is always so much more to see. Lots of history and supernatural. (love Tucson, went to the Uof A )

Providence, Rhode...
reviews: 15
4. Re: Salem in a day?

There are multiple witch type museums, and if your kid is into the supernatural, there are also lots of shops that sell crystals/powders/witch stuff as well as places that will do tarot card readings, palm readings, etc.

Salem gets very busy in October as people start to check out the city in advance of Halloween - it could more fun for you and your family, but be prepared for lines at some of the museums. The foilage is just coming out now, too!

If you are into maritime history at all, definitely stop by the maritime national park as well in the harbor.

5. Re: Salem in a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Salem