We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Witchy Weekend in October

Which Salem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 31
Witchy Weekend in October

My friend and I are planning a road trip from PA to Salem. We're staying at the Holiday Inn (mixed reports) and trying to stay on a budget.

We know that there are a plethora of things to see, and hopefully we'll hit all the good stuff. Anything we shouldn't waste our money on?

My friend LOVES afternoon tea, I see a few places locally offer it. Anyone have a favorite?

While I'm a pub and beer kinda girl, He is linen-covered table and wine kinda guy ... is there a happy medium for dining options?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Tina

reviews: 103
1. Re: Witchy Weekend in October

great tea place is "New Civilitea" on Derby Street, you order your tea and snacks at the counter (no waitresses) but a huge assortment of teas and friendly service. not sure if the Peabody Essex Museum has "offical" tea but their garden restaurant might and it's a nice atmosphere (more linen and more price).

yes, happy medium dining options are available, along with pubs and linen- how many nights are you staying? maybe one pub, one linen (recommend grapevine for fantastic food $$-$$$), and a compromise such as caffe grazianni on washington St. (italian) or "In a pig's eye" on Essex St. or if you don't mind, "Passage to India" on Washington St. is also delicious. have a great trip!

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 31
2. Re: Witchy Weekend in October

Thanks for your advice. We'll be in town 3 nights (Thurs-Leaving Sun). I'll take your suggestions to heart.

Also, since it's close to Halloween, I know there are a bunch of "themed" events and lots of spooky stuff. What would one expect to pay for a decent psychic reading? (By decent, I mean not a complete, obvious rip-off).

Thanks for any help!

Tina

3. Re: Witchy Weekend in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, September 10, 2009