We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrade to Suite at Westin La Paloma...worth it?

Which Tucson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, MN
reviews: 99
Upgrade to Suite at Westin La Paloma...worth it?

I have 3 nights booked at the La Paloma for late March with my family (wife, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old). Got a great deal, stay 3 get one of those nights free, so switched to this property from the El Con. Upon receiving the confirmation e-mail from the La Paloma, it had a deal on it where for $100 addl per night, could get a Master Suite upgrade (we booked the regular 2 double room).

Who has stayed in a suite there? Worth the upgrade? I know I am very much interested in this offer as a 2 room suite would be much better for us than a std room - able to put the kids to bed and yet not have to go lights out for everyone at the same time.

Thanks.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 60
1. Re: Upgrade to Suite at Westin La Paloma...worth it?

If you can afford what they are offering, just make sure the suite is really a suite with a bedroom with a door. Call them and ask. They have done some remodeling. However the suite pic on their web site looks like an Embassy Suites with furniture in one room and a bed in another.

Recently stayed in one which had a wall open on both ends in a Hilton property. That's not a real suite either.

Rochester, MN
2. Re: Upgrade to Suite at Westin La Paloma...worth it?

Looks like it would be a real suite.

...Keeps getting better though....I get an e-mail from the Hilton El Conquistador today with a great promo and great rates on rooms for my dates in late March. $109 reg rooms, $129 with views, and $143 for Jr Suite.

Casita Suites only $170 (not sure how far they are from the main resort though).

These resorts keep upping the ante on me, and I am loving it.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 60
3. Re: Upgrade to Suite at Westin La Paloma...worth it?

For questions about Hilton El Con, make sure you are on the real hotel website. The Master Suite at the Westin is a real suite but only one bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the main room.

Also, call them with your questions about how far the suites are from the main hotel, etc. All the rooms at Hilton El Con are in buildings separate from the main building but an easy walk. At some resorts they are quite some distance especially when there is also a golf course. Most will send a golf cart to get you and take you back.

At any of these hotels, ask to speak to someone in the management staff with your questions and not the people who answer the phone.

Tucson, Arizona
4. Re: Upgrade to Suite at Westin La Paloma...worth it?

Hello AdvoChampion, thank you for booking with The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa for your important family vacation in March. Our team at The Westin would be happy to explain the suite offer that you have received to allow you to make the best choice for your family. The additional sitting room of our suites do allow you to spread out and enjoy some relaxation while others catch up on sleep. Please give our resort team a call at 520 742-6000. We are looking forward to having you here in March! Be Well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Rochester, MN
5. Re: Upgrade to Suite at Westin La Paloma...worth it?

Very nice of you Mr Sampert to offer your reply - I may indeed just call you about your offer. Thanks again.

6. Re: Upgrade to Suite at Westin La Paloma...worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 16, 2015