We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hikes should I do?

Which Tucson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MN
reviews: 1
Which hikes should I do?

Hi, my wife and I are planning a trip to southern AZ in December. It's a 4 night stay, 2 nights in Cochise and 2 nights in Tucson. We are definitely going to Chiricahua NM and doing the Big Loop (which should take 5+hours), and we definitely want to check out Saguaro NP during a sunset.

Everything else is up for grabs, would you recommend Wasson Peak over Sabino Canyon? Is Kartchner Caverns a must see? Anything would help, thanks.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 99
11. Re: Which hikes should I do?

The sunsets can be spectacular, but it depends on where you are and, if you're backed up against the Tucson Mountains, they're pretty lame. Saguaro East is not the best spot either. Gates Pass, I think, is the ideal spot. It can get pretty crowded though.

King Canyon is how most people access Wasson Peak. It's a big network of trails there, so there are a number of ways to start going up.

MN
reviews: 1
12. Re: Which hikes should I do?

Which hike is best for a first timer to Arizona?

a) Blackett's Ridge

b) Bear Canyon to Seven Falls

c) Wasson Peak

13. Re: Which hikes should I do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 03, 2014