We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arizona Inn or Hacienda Del Sol

Which Tucson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
reviews: 26
Arizona Inn or Hacienda Del Sol

It's the #2 vs. #4 pick......wondering which is better?? It will be either a Casita at the Hacienda or a Deluxe Room at the Arizona. Suggestions??

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 11
1. Re: Arizona Inn or Hacienda Del Sol

Tough choice.

Arizona Inn is the Grande Dame of Tucson resorts. Beautiful grounds, central location, good dining, an old hotel with lots of character. But in the city, near the University, with no views.

Hacienda del Sol, a much smaller resort hotel, in the foothills with great views, restaurant gets great reviews. Will be staying there for the first time for our upcoming anniversary, so no first hand info.

I would pick Hacienda del Sol for the views and for being outside the city. But you wouldn't go wrong with either.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 69
2. Re: Arizona Inn or Hacienda Del Sol

Mike has given you some advice. You can't really go wrong with either one. Really comes down to whether you'd rather be in a more rural setting with great views of the mountains or right in the middle of town. My grandfather worked at the Arizona Inn and I spent a lot of time there as a kid, so it has a special place in my heart, but I think I'd personally choose the HDS for the same reasons Mike mentioned.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
3. Re: Arizona Inn or Hacienda Del Sol

There is no wrong choice. However it will be a mistake to make this the biggest decision about your trip. Focus instead on how to spend the time away from your room. Tucson has much to offer and that's far more important than where you sleep.

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 505
4. Re: Arizona Inn or Hacienda Del Sol

Mike has summed up the two succinctly and nicely. We've had visitors who have stayed at both places. Those who stayed at the Arizona Inn found some of the rooms rather dated, but they loved the general ambiance and the in-town location. IMO, Hacienda Del Sol wins hands down on the dining experience if that means anything to you. I've eaten at both places many times and it's no contest. But I'm also partial to HDS as a place to stay because of its location away from the city and its interesting history.. Our friends who have stayed there rave about the experience.

tucson, az
reviews: 6
5. Re: Arizona Inn or Hacienda Del Sol

The Hacienda del Sol is a great place to go if you want a laid-back atmosphere. It's small and so the staff is limited- this is not the place to go if you want 24-hour room service or a cabana boy ready to take your order at the pool- but it's a wonderful place.

Southwest Desert
reviews: 28
6. Re: Arizona Inn or Hacienda Del Sol

I find the Az Inn more dare I say refined. A New England inn done in SW. The Hacienda seems more casual and less developed. The locations shouldn't make much difference. I prefer the Az Inn dining room. The Hacienda 's trys to do things they have read about and it comes across as unauthentic.

Tucson Arizona
reviews: 186
7. Re: Arizona Inn or Hacienda Del Sol

We began planning our 50th anniversary a year ahead, and put in much work and research. Looked at all the venues and possibilities, and then, chose the Hacienda del Sol for the event. 90% of our guests came from out of state, (85% of those had never been to Tucson). Most of them stayed at the Hacienda, with the overflow staying at the Hilton East. ( We got "event rates" for both places.) Everybody LOVED the HDS. These were friends from CT, NY, PA, MA, Ohio, Michigan, CA, FL, Texas and Canada. Most stayed for a week, and were so pleased with the accomodations and service. All were interested in the history of the property, and some, upon returning home, wrote an article in their local paper about their trip and stay.

As much as we love the Arizona Inn (especially at Christmas), I don't think it would have been as unique an experience for our guests.

Our second choice for our celebration was the Tanque Verde Ranch.

8. Re: Arizona Inn or Hacienda Del Sol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 29, 2014