We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where's the "international" part of Tucson International??

Which Tucson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
reviews: 74
Where's the "international" part of Tucson International??

In looking at airlines and the TIA Web site, I don't see any flights to Mexico, or any other international destinations for that matter. Am I missing something?? Please don't tell me I have to fly to PHX first. I hate that airport.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 97
1. Re: Where's the "international" part of Tucson International??

There was a flight to Hermosillo a few years ago, but the Mexican airline that flew it went out of business. The "international" is through private aircraft and cargo. You don't have to fly into Phoenix. Fly into one of the several cities where Tucson has a non-stop connection - like Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, etc. - connect, and continue to Tucson.

tucson, az
reviews: 6
2. Re: Where's the "international" part of Tucson International??

You might have to. There used to be flights to Mexico, but then they stopped then one started up - to Hermosillo, I think- then seems to have stopped again.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
3. Re: Where's the "international" part of Tucson International??

Thanks for your replies. It's been all too long since I've visited Mexico, back in the days when Aeromexico had direct flights from Tucson. Ah, well...

Benson, Arizona
reviews: 1
4. Re: Where's the "international" part of Tucson International??

AZ... I am flying to Mexico via Houston...did the same thing to Ecuador....hope that helps....

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
5. Re: Where's the "international" part of Tucson International??

Thanks. I always preferred flying through IAH going to/from Quito, back when Continental was still alive.

Benson, Arizona
reviews: 1
6. Re: Where's the "international" part of Tucson International??

I am booked on United or their affiliates....

PS:don't forget to try Wild Garlic Grill while in Tucson :)

Edited: 6:01 pm, July 04, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 29
7. Re: Where's the "international" part of Tucson International??

This is a changing situation, but for now there are no longer flights directly to Mexico. Even if there were I would rather travel via Houston, it's an easy airport to get through given its size.

Edited: 12:08 pm, July 08, 2013
8. Re: Where's the "international" part of Tucson International??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 10, 2014