We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip from Tucson to LV, LA and SF in a week?

Which Tucson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
reviews: 56
Road trip from Tucson to LV, LA and SF in a week?

Hi people, I'm from Argentina and I'm possibly travelling to tucson for work in August.

I'd want to know if it posible to visit Las Vegas, Los Angeles and San Francisco in a week? or I'd miss many places?

Can I leave the car in San Francisco if I collected it in tucson? is there any extra charge? is it expensibe?

Any advise for my road trip?

Thanks in advance.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 146
1. Re: Road trip from Tucson to LV, LA and SF in a week?

You could drive to all of those places, but it would be pointless. You wouldn't have time for any of them.

Buenos Aires...
2. Re: Road trip from Tucson to LV, LA and SF in a week?

Thanks RedRox

not even two days in each city to visit the most famous places?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 71
3. Re: Road trip from Tucson to LV, LA and SF in a week?

That's a lot of driving. You really wouldn't get to see much in any of those places. At a minimum, driving from Tucson to Las Vegas takes most of a day and from there to San Francisco is a very long day, or even two days. And yes, it will cost you a lot more to rent a car in Tucson and drop it in San Francisco.

4. Re: Road trip from Tucson to LV, LA and SF in a week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, April 29, 2013
tucson, az
reviews: 9
5. Re: Road trip from Tucson to LV, LA and SF in a week?

>>My suggestion is for you to find an exquisite vacation rental in Tucson with some tourist attractions just ten blocks away.<<

The OP is possibly coming to Tucson for work; I doubt a vacation rental is in the cards.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 71
6. Re: Road trip from Tucson to LV, LA and SF in a week?

Ryan,

You're obviously trying to use this forum to promote your business. That's not allowed and your posts are going to continue to be removed.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
7. Re: Road trip from Tucson to LV, LA and SF in a week?

If you use a broker from outside the USA often no drop off charges for a rental car between Az and Ca. Maybe try this one: www.carhire3000.com

Buenos Aires...
8. Re: Road trip from Tucson to LV, LA and SF in a week?

Thanks for the tips.

is it safe to drive at night, from Tucson to LV?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 146
9. Re: Road trip from Tucson to LV, LA and SF in a week?

Tucson to LV crosses mostly desolate desert land. There will be darkness and lots of wildlife on the highway. I don't advise doing it at night.

Buenos Aires...
10. Re: Road trip from Tucson to LV, LA and SF in a week?

Thanks RedRox.

What time do you recommend out of Tucson?