We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe condo neighborhoods near Kino Sports Complex?

Which Tucson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis, TN
reviews: 17
Safe condo neighborhoods near Kino Sports Complex?

I am going to be spending a month in Tucson with lots of trips to the Kino Sports baseball fields. In investigating vacation rentals Tucson has to be the most confusing (for someone having never been there). Can anyone provide me with the names of some newer, safe neighborhoods/communities? I know the location of many sports fields are often way out and not in the best areas, so I will drive distance if I have to. However, if this an exception to that rule it would be great! I expect to do plenty of hiking, swimming, just relaxing and enjoying the area; but will also making almost nightly trips to the fields. Any advice would be appreciated!!!! A monthvis a LONG time!! :-)

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 58
1. Re: Safe condo neighborhoods near Kino Sports Complex?

The Kino Sports Complex is in an industrial and business area. The closest nicer neighborhoods would be in central Tucson near Broadway Blvd and north.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 97
2. Re: Safe condo neighborhoods near Kino Sports Complex?

The Kino Sports Complex also happens to be directly across the street from the county juvenile detention center. Not a great area. The commute will not be that bad.

What do you find confusing about the vacation rentals? You can use vrbo.com or homestay.com and both have maps to show you where they're located. Most vacation rentals are going to be in the northern "Foothills" area, which is on the north side of the Rillito River (usually no water, but makes a nice line) and to the east of the city. If you're looking for convenience to those sports fields, then you should probably stay east. TripAdvisor has a list of vacation rentals that shows reviews and locations, (tripadvisor.com/VacationRentals-g60950-Revie…), so that may be a place to look in addition to the above web sites.

If you want to swim, you'll either need to come later in the year or find a heated pool. Late April is about the earliest you can get into the water in an unheated pool in Tucson and, by that point, it's getting too hot to hike in the basin, for the most part. Just something to be aware of in your search.

Hope that helps.

3. Re: Safe condo neighborhoods near Kino Sports Complex?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 09, 2014