We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a hotel/bb recommendation

Which Tucson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Williamsburg...
reviews: 14
Need a hotel/bb recommendation

We will be in tucson for 3 or 4 days in early Feb. I need a recommendation for somewhere to stay. We plan to spend time in Sabino Canyon and maybe some of the other canyons, check out some of the museums and shops in town and spend time relaxing.

I was thinking somewhere near the Santa Catalinas but is that very far from town?

Prefer to keep the hotel rate below $150 a night.

Thanks in advance.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
1. Re: Need a hotel/bb recommendation

Your trip will occur during the gem show. Tucson will be rocking and overflowing with people. Hotels and B&Bs will be fully booked and commanding maximum rates. To stay under your budget you should focus on basic roadside travel motel chains. Search and book ASAP or be prepared to be shut out.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 98
2. Re: Need a hotel/bb recommendation

Yes, a B&B for $150 or less during that time period will be very difficult. You will need to stay quite a ways outside of town even to just be able to get a room at a regular hotel at that price. The top-rated B&B's in town tend to book up over a month in advance outside of the gem show period so, since you're roughly one month out during the gem show period, you'll probably just need to go through the list and call places for any availability. B&B's tend to be booked solid through the entire month of February though. tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60950-c2-Tucson_Ariz…

If you have no or little interest in the gem show and would like to keep to a budget, I would suggest you stay out of town a bit, such as in Tubac, Patagonia, Sierra Vista, or Willcox, at one of the B&B's in those towns. They still have easy access to nature and hiking, with a relatively easy drive into Tucson, but will not have the crowds and prices of the places in Tucson. There are also several B&B's in the town of Oracle, which is on the north side of the Santa Catalinas. There is an unpaved road to the top of them from Oracle, but it's typically not open in the winter, so access has to be through Tucson (~75 miles).

Good luck.

tucson
reviews: 34
3. Re: Need a hotel/bb recommendation

Usually Tubac has its art festival in early Feb, so- while a great location for exploring - that may also be too busy. In any case, better book ASAP as even Green Valley will probably be full.

Williamsburg...
4. Re: Need a hotel/bb recommendation

Thanks everyone.

You are right I have minimal interest in the gem show. I'm stuck with these dates due to a commitment in Phoenix earlier in the month.

I will start calling around and report back.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
reviews: 65
5. Re: Need a hotel/bb recommendation

You might also try Benson, which is just east of Tucson and has access on I-10.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 58
6. Re: Need a hotel/bb recommendation

Sometimes rooms are available for reasonable rates during the Gem Show at hotels on the far east side of Tucson.

Williamsburg...
7. Re: Need a hotel/bb recommendation

I was able to get a room at the Jeremiah Inn b&b. $140 and it got good reviews. Hopefully its not too far from where we want to be.

Thanks for your help!

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 11
8. Re: Need a hotel/bb recommendation

That is a good location for visiting Sabino Canyon and Saguaro National Park East. Should be within a 15 minute drive to both, and not much traffic in that area. Nice desert atmosphere and views.

9. Re: Need a hotel/bb recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 05, 2014