We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tucson

Which Tucson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
washington d.c.
reviews: 4
Tucson

We will be in Tucson the middle of January. I would love some suggestions on a very nice hotel, close to hiking but also close to Ina and Oracle (north/north west of town) , to restaurants. Also some hiking trails suggestions. Thanks

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 58
1. Re: Tucson

Westward Look Resort, Windmill Inn, La Posada Hotel are a few suggestions of varying cost. This is a very spread out town, so you will need to drive for hiking and sightseeing.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 69
2. Re: Tucson

The closest "very nice" hotel would be Westward Look and it looks like they are running some pretty good specials right now. Other than the restaurant at the hotel you'll have to drive to other restaurants, but there are quite a few options nearby.

The Embassy Suites La Paloma or Windmill Inn would both put you within walking distance of restaurants but you will be a 10 minute drive from Oracle and Ina.

There is also a Quality Inn & Suites that is just north of Ina on Oracle, but it is not what I would call a "very nice" hotel, although it does get very high ratings on Trip Advisor.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 97
3. Re: Tucson

There are a few resorts in the Tucson area that have almost direct access to trails: Loews Ventana Canyon, Tanque Verde Ranch, Marriott Starr Pass, and Ritz Carlton at Dove Mountain are the ones that come to mind off the top of my head. Loews is the only one that's relatively close to Ina/Oracle. I would suggest you stay around the intersection itself (such as the Westward Look, as others have suggested), because trailheads are all over town and not difficult to reach. There's a good trailhead at the north end of First Avenue, for instance, which is less than five minutes from Westward Look by car. Tucson is surrounded by mountains and, thus, hiking trails, so you really have your pick.

Just to not repeat myself, because these threads come up quite often, here's a thread from a few years ago where I list off some of my favorite trails: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60950-i259-k30477… I will add that I hiked the Starr Pass Trail in Tucson Mountains Park recently and really enjoyed it. Can't beat the saguaro vistas they have in that area. Trails in Tucson Mountain Park are often multi-use though, usually bikes and walkers, but sometimes horses (Saguaro NP also has many horse-shared trails). If you go on a weekday though, it shouldn't be too bad. When I hiked the Starr Pass Trail, I saw only two groups of mountain bikers.

Hope that helps.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
reviews: 291
4. Re: Tucson

Love Loews Ventana Canyon and as others have said you can hike right from beside the property up Ventana Canyon. Sabino canyon trails are not to be missed and they are right down the road.

ZB

washington d.c.
reviews: 4
5. Re: Tucson

Thanks. I considering either Hacienda del Sol or Loews and thank you for the hiking recommendations.

6. Re: Tucson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, December 17, 2013