We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving 27 th December - please help?

Which Tucson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Africa
Arriving 27 th December - please help?

We are a family from South Africa - 3 children. I need some serious advice as to which resort is better for our family. I will try to describe our family and if anyone could possibly guide me into making a matching decision I would be ever so greatful. The children's ages are 3, 8 , 12 yrs. I would love a heated pool, some winding walkways, (where I can easily stroll with my youngest (3 yrs) in nature-like setting early morning); honest, friendly staff who doesn't nick and dime you; desert environment; situated on the outskirts of Tucson (we're renting a car); must be very child-friendly.

We love nature, peace a high quality standards.

Hope someone can help here...

Oro VAlley Arizona
reviews: 1
11. Re: Arriving 27 th December - please help?

I would also check out the Westin LaPaloma. I don't think you would be unhappy with either the Westward Look, the Hilton El Conquistador, Loews, or the LaPaloma.

About the El Conquistador, it sits over a mile back from the road, so it is not like the resort/hotel is in the middle of a housing development. Like Ventana it also sits up against the catalina mountains. I would rate the ventana and LaPaloma as the more formal of the group, then the ElConquistador and then the Westward. If it were my call and I was traveling with children I would go for the Westward or the ElConquistador.

Check out the website for each hotel. Check out what others have to say about their stay under hotels.

If price is a consideration I would guess that the Ventana would cost the most and the Westward the less.

Good Luck

Tucson
12. Re: Arriving 27 th December - please help?

Loews Ventana Canyon is almost exactly what you asked for,...but be warned there are many less expensive "hotels" in Tucson and although Loews is competitive with other "resorts" you may still find cheaper ones in that category and finally although I like Loews and would recomend it, they have this annoying practice of- after charging you a premium room rate they then add surplus charges for parking, exercise room and internet. Good Luck!

Tucson
13. Re: Arriving 27 th December - please help?

Oh by the way I was looking at some of your earlier posts,... some of the ranch-type resorts seem very pricey because they may provide a full meal plan and include horse rides, bar-b-ques and such. If your family wants to do these things for yourself or not at all stay at a cheaper place but relize when comparing that base price at say Lowes you still have to add your food and activity costs.