We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent room close to Convention Center

Which Providence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Rent room close to Convention Center

I will be conducting bollywood dance workshop during 4th July weekend want to rent room close to Convention Center

Rhode Island Convention Center

Sabin Street, Providence, RI 02903

looking for affordabel options since i will using the room just to sleep at night

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
reviews: 71
1. Re: Rent room close to Convention Center

Try airbnb.com

Hotel rooms in Providence are expensive. If airbnb doesn't work out, try looking for hotel rooms in Warwick close to the airport. These are usually on the bus line to downtown Providence.

Phoenix, Arizona
2. Re: Rent room close to Convention Center

How to travel from there if i need to go to the convention center ? Do i need to rent a car or i have a public transport available spl at night around 9 pm?

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
3. Re: Rent room close to Convention Center

The public transportation system is ripta.com. I didn't see any buses to the airport area leaving that late. Bear in mind to take a bus you would have to walk a few blocks from the Convention Center to Kennedy Plaza to catch it. If you are a female and would be alone I would not recommend that at night.

You could take a cab. I think it's pretty expensive, though.

Phoenix, Arizona
4. Re: Rent room close to Convention Center

appreciate your help and quick response Lauryc , if i rent a room outskirts will i be able to travel through subway?

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
5. Re: Rent room close to Convention Center

RI does not have any subways. We have a tiny bit of a commuter rail that runs from the airport in Warwick to Providence, but there are only a few trains each day. See the schedule at mbta.com to see if this might work for you. The train station in Providence is just one block from the Convention Center.

Phoenix, Arizona
6. Re: Rent room close to Convention Center

Ohh i will check the schedule , am planning to book the hotel in Warwick and want to avoid driving 3 days to convention center

Phoenix, Arizona
7. Re: Rent room close to Convention Center

Hiiii am almost ready to travel but still not able to get the bus timeing or the rail

Am planning to take RIPTA from Airport but not getting info if they have any stop close to convention center , need to know if there is any bus which goes to Warwick at night around 9 or 10pm

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
8. Re: Rent room close to Convention Center

Let me see if I can help.

The train leaves the airport weekday mornings at 5:05, 6:13, 7:52, 7:59 and 9:26. It takes about 15 minutes to get to Providence. The advantage here is that the rail station is across the street from the Convention Center and you don't have to worry about traffic slowing you down. The return trains are 6:10, 6:46 and 9:23 pm is the last train that goes to the airport. Seen mbta.com for more information.

Weekends starting July 1 there are no trains at all.

All buses drop you off at Kennedy Plaza, which is between Washington St and Fulton St in Providence. You have to walk about 3 blocks on Dorrance St to reach the Convention Center. Then on your return trip you have to walk back to Kennedy Plaza.

The #14 bus, West Bay, is the one that will take you back to the airport. The bus leaves the airport at 6:40, 8:03, 8:49 and 10:16. Coming back it leaves Kennedy Plaza at 5:16. 6:25 and 7:15 pm. On weekends the last bus back to the airport leaves at 6:27pm. See ripta.com for more information.

Hope this helps.

Phoenix, Arizona
9. Re: Rent room close to Convention Center

wow cant thank you enough for such detail information, just last question am trying to find out the bus to go to Warwick from convention

2138 Post Rd, Warwick, RI, 02886

Thanks again

10. Re: Rent room close to Convention Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 05, 2014