We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

niagara falls

Which Providence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
niagara falls

I am staying in Providence RI until early july and am looking for a weekend coach or train trip to visit the Niagara Falls on the Canadian side - does anyone know of a company that offers this as a package or how I can do it independently?

Many thanks

Jamestown, Rhode...
reviews: 4
1. Re: niagara falls

Maybe there are tours or trains out of NYC, but not our area. NF is about a 10 hour drive from here.

Providence, Rhode...
reviews: 26
2. Re: niagara falls

Actually, Niagara Falls is about 7-8 hour drive, and there are tours from here.

You might want to check into Conway Tours, http://www.conwaytours.com/ and look into their Niagara Falls tours.

Also, check into Amtrak Vacations - amtrakvacations.com/getaways/niagara-falls-o…

You might also want to check into your local AAA branch for more information.

Jamestown, Rhode...
reviews: 4
3. Re: niagara falls

Yea 7-8 hours if you go 75-80 maybe,; it takes me, a responsible, safe driver, 7 hours to drive to Ithaca, NY from here.

Edited: 8:56 pm, June 19, 2013
Providence, Rhode...
reviews: 26
4. Re: niagara falls

Not for nothing but you are also driving:

1. from Jamestown.

2. half the trip to Ithaca is on a completely different highway system that it takes to get to Niagara Falls

3. Google maps gives a 6 hour time frame for that trip.

4. Ithaca has nothing to do with Niagara Falls.

Providence- Niagara Falls: 7-8 hours if you drive like a normal person. Closer to 8 if you make a few stops.

:)

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
reviews: 64
5. Re: niagara falls

The original poster plans to go to the Canadian side of the falls. There can be some plenty long lines to cross the border! I would consider going to Niagra Falls to be a vacation from RI, not a little side trip, which is the typical question we get in the forums..

6. Re: niagara falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 29, 2014