We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife/Pub for a couple in their 40's

Which Providence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vermont
reviews: 1
Nightlife/Pub for a couple in their 40's

We will be in Providence on Saturday night and staying at the Marriott. Where could we go for a couple of drinks, pub fare dinner and to listen to some music? We are beer drinkers and preferable a pub/tavern atmosphere. We love the 1-2 man groups that play while we have drinks. Any suggestions for a night out on the town? Does anyone know if the Marriott offers a shuttle service that will drop us off "in town" or is there anything within walking distance of the hotel. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you...

Jamestown, Rhode...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Nightlife/Pub for a couple in their 40's

There are definitely places in the immediate downtown area that would fit the bill, either walking distance or a short cab ride. I'm not really in the loop anymore, but places like Cav, or Julian's maybe. There is an Irish Pub downtown, I forget the name, and probably tons of restaurants with some form of entertainment on a Sat night. Maybe try motifmagazine or Providence Phoenix for what's going on.

Pawtucket, Rhode...
reviews: 114
2. Re: Nightlife/Pub for a couple in their 40's

Whiskey Republic is what you want. It's on the water front and always has nice one or two man band on weekends. Quick cab ride or nice stroll down the road.

There is an Irish pub is called Ri Ra that has music but I find it to be a younger than 40 crowd and they usually have bands.

Union station brewery is good for craft beer and food in the same complex as Ri Ra. dont know about music though.

Vermont
reviews: 1
3. Re: Nightlife/Pub for a couple in their 40's

We definitely will be checking out Whiskey Republic and downtown. My husband will be happy to hear about Union Station since he loves craft beers. Thanks so much for the information and we will be checking it out tomorrow.

Pawtucket, Rhode...
4. Re: Nightlife/Pub for a couple in their 40's

Happy to help! Enjoy your time in Providence! : )

Boston...
reviews: 92
5. Re: Nightlife/Pub for a couple in their 40's

check out Vanity too.. vanityri.com

Providence, Rhode...
reviews: 341
6. Re: Nightlife/Pub for a couple in their 40's

what is Vanity? I am not finding any information about that in Providence.

Pawtucket, Rhode...
7. Re: Nightlife/Pub for a couple in their 40's

Hi, I have never been but reading the reviews on YELP makes me want to go there very soon! website below.

Cheers,

Lee

http://www.vanityri.com/

8. Re: Nightlife/Pub for a couple in their 40's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 24, 2014