Thanks for your advice on the Montreal forum -
Sounds like you have the pre/post game covered with Trinity.. can't go wrong there.
But as far as dinner goes there are two directions you can go in -- 1) Federal Hill (90% Italian food, and yes, as good as the north end) or 2) The Trendy Spots.
If you go the Federal Hill route, I would imagine you want to get that Italian feeling so I would suggest:
1) Camilles - a bit overpriced but as far as Federal Hill atmosphere goes it ranks right up there - they usually have a live singer belting out Sinatra tunes on the weekends
2) Meditteraneo - might be the best all around restaurant on the Hill
3) Andino's - small, no frill, Sinatra playing for background music, etc... good solid, food - has more of a "local" feel
For the trendier spots, I would suggest:
1) XO Cafe (on South Main street) - small but great food and great drinks - a bit pricey but worth it
2) Ten Steak & Sushi (downtown in the Financial District - the city is small so you could walk there from the game) - similiarly, a bit pricey but tremendous steaks and Sushi. Don't confuse this one with 10 Prime on Federal Hill though.
I would stay away from Big Fish - might as well be a chain - no soul to it. Mills Tavern is a great resturant but it is a tad expensive and feels like a bankers dining room - don't get me wrong, it is beautiful, but it is all dark wood, etc... hope this helps