We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zia Pueblo Feast Day

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
reviews: 84
Zia Pueblo Feast Day

Hi! We are going to be in Albuquerque the second week of August. I was planning on visiting the Acoma Pueblo, but it looks like we are going to be in town during the Zia Pueblo Feast Day. I am wondering if anyone knows which would be a better experience? We are only in town for a few days and will also be visiting some relatives, so I don't think we'll have time for both. Any advise would be much appreciated!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
reviews: 38
1. Re: Zia Pueblo Feast Day

Feast days are an incredible experience and worth doing if you can take the time. These days move at their own speed and things happen when they are supposed to happen (dances). I would pick this but plan on no set schedule.

If you can't commit to a non planned event, then Acoma Pueblo, would also be an incredible experience.

Houston
2. Re: Zia Pueblo Feast Day

Thanks for your reply CasaAzul-- hopefully we will be able to make the time to spend the day at the Zia Pueblo.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
reviews: 185
3. Re: Zia Pueblo Feast Day

Some good references to read over before going can be found at the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center. www.indianpueblo.org/19pueblos/etiquette.html and the tribe's own website -

http://www.zia.com/home/zia_info.html

Hope you have a great time and take away great memories..

Houston
4. Re: Zia Pueblo Feast Day

Thank you SusieLou!

Houston
5. Re: Zia Pueblo Feast Day

Sorry guys.... one more question about this..... What time do these events usually start? End?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
reviews: 38
6. Re: Zia Pueblo Feast Day

They start when the start and end when they end. Not on white man's clock, so there is no way to know when they will start or finish. Get there when you get there and leave when you want to leave. I'm sorry this sounds vague but the Native Americans don't follow the same "clock" that we do.

7. Re: Zia Pueblo Feast Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 08, 2014