We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Range Cafe

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 174
The Range Cafe

Arriving Saturday morning. We are driving to Santa Fe and are looking for a breakfast place after retrieving our car from Albuquerque airport. I see there are 3 locations for this restaurant; which one is closest to airport? Our plan is to drive to Santa Fe via the Turquoise Highway.

Thanks for the help!

Bolingbrook...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque, Santa Fe
reviews: 133
1. Re: The Range Cafe

Definitely the one at 2200 Menaul Boulevard NE. It is also most on the way if you're heading up the Turquoise Scenic Byway.

Keith

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
2. Re: The Range Cafe

Thanks KthSch!

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 36
3. Re: The Range Cafe

The Range Cafe is one of my favorite restaurants also, but I prefer the one in Bernalillo.

If you are driving directly from the Sunport to the Turquoise Trail (NM-14) via I-40, I would suggest you also consider what many feel is arguably Albuquerque's best breakfast restaurant (there are 7 in ABQ, and another in SF), Weck's. There is one (my favorite, only a mile from my home) at 1105 Juan Tabo Blvd. NE. just off of I-40. Heading east on I-40, exit at the Juan Tabo Exit , and drive north just a couple of miles to the restaurant on the left. Huge servings, large menu, and moderate prices.

http://wecksinc.com/

You will be pleased at either place.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
reviews: 34
4. Re: The Range Cafe

I, too, prefer the original Range Cafe in Bernalillo. Weck's is great for hearty, big, reasonably priced breakfasts. Could probably even share one.

Also to include on your list for breakfast (both long before the I-40 interchange):

Grove. I haven't been but hear such great things and want to go if I should be in that neighborhood for breakfast. Central exit just north of Sunport, toward Downtown. 600 Central. Could be wait Saturday morning. thegrovecafemarket.com/pdfs/the_grove_menu.p…

Barelas. Even closer to Sunport. Avenida Cesar Chavez (Bridge) on Fourth, near National Hispanic Cultural Center. urbanspoon.com/r/60/650070/restaurant/South-…

Ah, Huevos Rancheros.

Edited: 11:12 am, October 18, 2012
Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
5. Re: The Range Cafe

Darn. Meant to add that "Could be wait Saturday morning" to Barelas.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
6. Re: The Range Cafe

Wow, you have given me much to think about! My kids drove cross country this past August and really liked the Range, but I'm happy to try others. Thanks so much for the suggestions. Debbie

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 31
7. Re: The Range Cafe

The Range - my fav is the one on Menaul...I don't see why people like the one in Bernalillo so much. I have found the staff there to be rude or indifferent almost every time I've been there, except in the bar. Staff at the Menaul location are awesome.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
8. Re: The Range Cafe

SJ convinces me to try out the Menaul location again. I've always appreciated the "destination" and "original" aspects of the Bernalillo location, the food, of course, and have never experienced the staffing problem mentioned.

New Mexico
reviews: 8
9. Re: The Range Cafe

Another vote here for any of the Range locations. The one on Menaul probably offers the easiest access on/off I-25. I'm not a huge fan of Wecks, which for most locations has more of a diner vibe--huge portions, (which may be a plus for some) and I always leave with my clothing reeking of grease. The Grove is wonderful, but it is not as easy to get on and off the freeway, and on a Saturday morning, it tends to get very, very crowded. It's also not strictly New Mexican food, which might be a consideration.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
10. Re: The Range Cafe

Okay, it is settled! We'll try the Range on Menaul. I really want my fill of New Mexican food and both my kids really liked their breakfast (it was that location) so I think I'm sold. We will spend some time in ABQ on Monday and Tuesday so hope to give the others a shot then. Thanks for all of the wonderful advice.