We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SLC to PC using bus #902

Which Salt Lake City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 8
SLC to PC using bus #902

Hello experts, could someone help me out with using public bus to travel on Monday Dec 16 from SLC Airport to PC? I understand that private shuttle would cost about $80, so we were thinking of using bus #902 for $9 instead. I checked the schedule on-line and it appears that there is in fact an afternoon service at around 4:20 and 6:11pm from the SL Central Station making various stops along the way and arriving in PC ~1 hr later.

Link to the schedule: rideuta.com/ridinguta/routes/schedule.aspx…

My question:

How to get from SLC Airport to SL Central Station?

Thank you so much!!!

7 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 86
1. Re: SLC to PC using bus #902

The airport TRAX light rail line will take you into the Central Station. There should be signs at the airport directing you to the entrance. I haven't used it from the airport so can't speak from personal experience, but TRAX is easy to use and reliable.

New York
2. Re: SLC to PC using bus #902

Thank you very much. I was thinking there must be some difficulty with this commute because it seems many chose to pay $50 pp for shuttle. Do you know what the issue is?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 86
3. Re: SLC to PC using bus #902

TIme and hassle. It is easier to get on a shuttle and get off in Park City rather than lug your bags onto TRAX then off and on to the bus. I don't know how long that process would take, but a direct shuttle will get you into Park City in a little over half an hour. If it has to stop at hotels then those add up a bit.

New York
4. Re: SLC to PC using bus #902

understood, thank you

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
5. Re: SLC to PC using bus #902

I actually use the 902 a lot to meet my wife after work in SLC. Works very well.

Just to clarify, the airport Trax line doesn't actually go to Salt Lake Central. You'll need to transfer at Arena (or subsequent stops) and transfer to the blue line for a few stops.

The 902 bus line (and the additional line that will likely operate in the winter) are not designed for tourists, although you can still use them. They are more for employees. So you won't find many others schlepping bags. Bus is nice and even has WiFi.

You can now transfer from 902 to other buses or Trax, but not sure how it works when you originate on Trax. With Trax, you can pay cash on platform, use credit card or the easiest way is to simply scan a chip credit card when you enter the platform. On the 902 bus, it's exact change cash or chip card. A non-chip credit card can't be used.

While it definitely will work, I think you'll find it somewhat awkward. But it is worth the savings that you can use on a nice dinner splurge on Main Street.

Good luck.

New York
6. Re: SLC to PC using bus #902

Thank you TumbleweedandCactus, I think I am a little more clear, but you are right if we bring our ski equipment, it may be a little inconvinient to make 3 trasfers. I appreciate the clarity on payment methods too. Thanks much.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
7. Re: SLC to PC using bus #902

Yah, if you have skis you definitely aren't going to want to try this. It is a bit pricey for shuttle but it does leave you off right at your door.

Have fun. Early indications are we're going to have a great season.

Reply to: SLC to PC using bus #902
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted