We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Salt Lake Airport to the Frontrunner -Provo

Which Salt Lake City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
reviews: 64
Getting from Salt Lake Airport to the Frontrunner -Provo

I have asked this question all over, and finally answered it myself as I took this route yesterday. I wanted to be detailed so other travellers could use this information. Reminder -- after April 16, the bus section is invalid as TRAX will be running by then.

Getting from airport to Provo via Frontrunner

Starting April 16, 2013 TRAX will be running from the airport to Central Station. Until then you need to take the UTA bus. Fare is $2.35, have exact change as they do not give change. They have a credit card machine it may only take electronic swipe. Pay pass?

From Salt Lake Airport, exit either terminal on the upper floor skywalk towards the garages. Between the two terminals inside the parking structure is a UTA bus stop. Take the bus to the Salt Lake Central Station (this is where most people will get off the bus). It's about 15 minutes or so. It takes an odd route through downtown, but never fear, you will be there soon. You will get a transfer ticket, when you get on the bus, so keep that, it will lower your Frontrunner fee (to American Fork cost me an additional $2.20.

Right as you get off you will be in front of the tracks. Do not go indoors. There is a ticket machine that takes credit cards. Follow instructions.. Remember to select that you have a transfer ticket. You are at the Southbound track, crossover track if you need to go Northbound. There is a sign that tells you how long before the next train departs.

Note: there is no where to stay that is warm, and you could be there from 5 minutes to an hour depending on time of day, so plan ahead. Frontrunner does NOT run on Sunday ... Only TRAX and bus.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 126
1. Re: Getting from Salt Lake Airport to the Frontrunner -Provo

Good and detailed with the stuff that is indeed hard to find. Thank you.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 241
2. Re: Getting from Salt Lake Airport to the Frontrunner -Provo

Thanks for posting. The bus is pretty convenient actually, just need exact change or a chip credit/debit card.

Fairfax, Virginia
reviews: 2
3. Re: Getting from Salt Lake Airport to the Frontrunner -Provo

thank you very much. i will take it from airport to orem. the information you provided is very useful.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 241
4. Re: Getting from Salt Lake Airport to the Frontrunner -Provo

One very important note. Trax doesn't go to Salt Lake Central from the airport. You'll need to transfer at Arena.

Utah
reviews: 64
5. Re: Getting from Salt Lake Airport to the Frontrunner -Provo

With the Airport Trax line in place, it's easier to catch Frontrunner from the Bridge Stop. You get off right before you hor downtown and go down the stairs to the Frontrunner Station.

6. Re: Getting from Salt Lake Airport to the Frontrunner -Provo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 06, 2014