We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria

Which Port Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Payne, Alabama
Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria

What is the price for carrying an automobile on the ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria?

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
reviews: 60
1. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria

US$60.50 ... https://www.cohoferry.com/Fares

reservations are normally highly recommended ... shown on same page.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
2. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria

You'll need pretty much a full day to explore just the Victoria highlights, so you'll want to plan accordingly re: the Coho schedule. An overnight in the cards?

You do not need to bring a car, Victoria is a walk-able town and you can catch buses to Butchart Gardens.

Do you want to tell us your itinerary?

Renton, WA
3. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria

I strongly recommend an overnight in Victoria. Trying it as a day trip would be rushed and disappointing.

Tacoma, Washington
reviews: 17
4. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria

I'm confused, I thought where was a state (wa) ferry Port Angeles to Victoria. However, all I see is the Coho or the Clipper. Am I right? Do I have any other choices? I also notice there were only 2 departures. Am I right? Which is the best carrier? *also best deal? Everyone seems to recommend reservations, however, I remember no problems last time...should I be concerned and listen to the suggestion?

Thanks.

YK

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 300
5. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria

Only 2 crossings in winter between PA and Victoria. I believe there are 4 in summer "high season." Washington State Ferries travel from Anacortes, WA to Sidney, BC. The BC Ferries from Tsawassen (south of Vancouver) to Swartz Bay (18 miles north of Victoria) travel hourly in summer, and every 2 hours (and a few 1-hour intervals) in winter. Cost is about the same for all ferries for a car and 2 adult passengers.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
reviews: 60
6. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria

Need for reservation depends on when you are travelling and how patient you are... but are almost always advisable if you are driving onto the Coho.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 360
7. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria

Just Black Ball Ferry (MV Coho) P.A. to Vic. Victoria Clipper is a passenger-only higher speed ferry from Seattle to San Juan Islands and to Vic. You can get to Sidney, north of Victoria, via state ferries.

-Washington State Ferries routes: wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/info_desk/route-maps/

-Victoria Clipper: www.clippervacations.com/clipper-ferry/

-Black Ball Ferry: https://cohoferry.com/ (smaller than many Washington State ferries).

Edited: 8:16 am, December 09, 2013
Port Angeles
reviews: 1
8. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria

On Black Ball, reservations during the low-season may only be needed if the particular sailing is looking full. You can call the terminal and they will let you know how busy the sailing you want looks. It's a $16 investment in piece-of-mind, but may not be necessary. Black Ball is the most direct route to Victoria from the US - 90 minutes and into the Inner Harbour (downtown). Cars aren't necessary, but can be helpful if you have a number of people who might otherwise travel to Butchart via a tour bus (at about 3-4, the car becomes more economical). You can also rent a car on board from the tour desk. Tickets are $34 R/T for foot passengers.

Clipper is great if you need passenger-only from Seattle. Fares vary, but usually about $100-120 R/T in the off-season.

BC Ferries land in Swartz Bay, which is a bit of a distance from Victoria.

9. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 12, 2014