We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elwha River Road or Olympic Hot Springs Road

Which Port Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mesa, Arizona
reviews: 4
Elwha River Road or Olympic Hot Springs Road

Hi,

I have a hiking book for Olympic NP that says the Boulder trailhead (this is the one that goes to Boulder Creek Campground and Appleton Pass) is accessible via Elwha River Road from the 101. Searching at mapquest, though, the road seems to be named Olympic Hot Springs road. Does anyone know the real signage? Am I getting two completely different roads mixed up?

-Nan

Seattle
reviews: 1
1. Re: Elwha River Road or Olympic Hot Springs Road

Here's a link to the official park map:

nps.gov/olym/…OLYM_map.pdf

It looks like the trail you want is accessible from the Elwha road but it doesn't give the road a name on the map--but you won't be able to miss it as you're driving out that way, it's well-signed.

Mesa, Arizona
2. Re: Elwha River Road or Olympic Hot Springs Road

Yes, that's the road that Mapquest calls "Olympic Hot Springs Road", and my book calls it "Elwha River Road". Just wondering what the real name is, so I take the right exit.

Seattle
reviews: 1
3. Re: Elwha River Road or Olympic Hot Springs Road

101 is a 2 lane road at that point so it's not an exit, just a well-marked left turn for the Elwha area of ONP (I can't remember exactly what the signs say). If you cross over the Elwha River, you've gone too far (the turn is just before the bridge over the river), but I really think that you'd have a hard time missing it if you are paying attention to the road signs.

Mesa, Arizona
4. Re: Elwha River Road or Olympic Hot Springs Road

Thanks - I'll just look for the NP signs then.