We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting there...

Which Ilhabela hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
reviews: 34
Getting there...

I'm trying to plan a trip from Rio to Parati to Ilhabela to Curitiba later this month but I'm having trouble with finding bus routes online. I've already planned a trip around Minas Gerais and Espirito Santo by bus so I thought I was getting the hang of the various bus websites but now I'm stuck. I've found a bus from Rio to Parati but I can't find one from Parati to Sao Sebastiao (Ilhabela) or from there on to Curitiba. According to Lonely Planet, you have to get a bus from Parati to Ubatuba, then on to Caraguatatuba and then Sao Sebastiao where the boat leaves for Ilhabela. I also need to find a route from Sao Sebastiao to Curitiba. Can anyone help me? I found a bus from Ubatuba to Curitiba, but thats all.

I really appreciate any help you can give me!

Sao Paulo, SP
reviews: 26
1. Re: Getting there...

The bus lines Normandy and Reunidas Paulista have daily buses (except sat and sun) between Paraty and Sao Sebastiao. Just go to the bus station and buy your ticket. It costs around 14 Reais (US$ 7) and it´s not very usual to get it in advance.

To continue from Sao Sebastiao to Curitiba the best choice is to take a bus to Sao Paulo (R$ 80) and from there to Curitiba. Several times a day on both lines.

Sao Paulo, SP
reviews: 26
2. Re: Getting there...

Sorry: From Sao Sebastiao to Sao Paulo: R$ 22,00 and from Sao Paulo to Curitiba: Around R$ 80 - 100,00 : )

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 34
3. Re: Getting there...

Thank you so so so so so so so so much!!!

I've been confirming all the buses online til now so I got a bit worried when I couldn't find the routes online for Sao Sebastiao. I think I'll look into flying to Curitiba from Sao Paulo, if there's not much difference in price we might as well...

Thanks again!

4. Re: Getting there...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Ilhabela