We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makena Beach Resort

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Berlin, WI
reviews: 10
Makena Beach Resort

As I see our flights that we have been watching for so long are now starting to come down for the first time.....I'm getting anxious. We hope to make it January 3 years in a row, 2014...Last two times we stayed at 4S and want to stay at Makena Beach Resort this time. I signed up for email notifications of specials on their website today, but I thought I remember seeing something about signing up for a preferred status or something, free on their website? Gives a few perks if I recall. I can't find it or maybe I am just so excited our flights are coming down!!!!! Does anyone have any advice on this....Teri S perhaps? Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Honolulu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
1. Re: Makena Beach Resort

I believe this is what Teri S was talking about.

iprefer.com/members/enroll_now.aspx…

Alberta, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: Makena Beach Resort

They have 5th night free and buffet breakfast free for 2 people in January. Maybe we'll see you there :)

I've stayed at FS Maui a few times. Stayed at Makena the first time in Dec'12. Very different experience but so relaxing there.

The iprefer program link is a little square on the bottom of the Makena resort home page.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
3. Re: Makena Beach Resort

That's it msfuzz! I Prefer. It got me a nice deal at the Sandpearl in Clearwater Beach Florida too!

Hope you like the Makena Chris! We'll be watching to see how UNCMOM & DH like their getaway there soon.

It will not have the luxury of 4S, but we did enjoy it for what it was. Hope you can get a good deal.

Do you know that the golf course is closed for remodeling at least until March? I think they have deals with nearby courses if you want to play. The golf course restaurant, Cafe on the Green is still open as far as I know,, with its killer views and nice happy hour.

What airport do you fly out of? We ended up getting lucky with $599 flights last January, booked in October. They showed up on a Friday night, we booked and they were gone the next day when our friends wanted to check them out. For us $800 or less is a pretty good deal. Have fun planning!

Aloha

Teri

Edited: 5:34 pm, June 19, 2013
New Berlin, WI
4. Re: Makena Beach Resort

Thanks for the info! I knew someone would find it as I get anxious and want everything right away! That is why the ONLY time I have truly relaxed in years was on Maui....no kidding that is why I hope I can visit every January. The rest of the year is insane and when insanity takes over, I just say it will all be ok, you will finally relax when you are on Maui. I am wound up tight as a drum everyday and I need to have Maui to unwind, reflect and take time to appreciate all that I have. I will check out the link, do what I need to as I want to be just so prepared for when the flights are where I want/need them to be. We fly from Milwaukee to Phoenix, then Phoenix to Maui. Our best friends live in Phoenix so if we ever run into drama with our flights due to snowstorms at home.....or anything else, we always know we can count on our friends and Phoenix is about as 1/2 way as we can get with just one stop. So, started watching flights at $1073 for ever, then this week they went up to $1093, then down a bit, now they are at $968 today...yes I check every day. That is where the excitement comes in, I check the seat assignments and see all flights for our trip are mostly empty so I know I have time. First trip Jan 12 we flew MKE to Dallas and hated the long trip from Dallas to Maui...we know we needed to get closer to 1/2 way, that is when, duh, phoenix worked so well. $779 Jan 12 and this year...Jan 13 we paid $880 each RT. So, $968 is getting closer to....paradise. Thank you all for your help, I knew I could post and have an answer right away....Now I have to do the prefer thing so I am ready. I like to book everything at the same time, not recommended, but otherwise I feel like something is missing and I go crazy...then I have to get to Maui...Haha...seriously. I'll let you know how it goes, hopefully soon. And $599 RT is great Teri. I could go on and on...obviously, but there is more to life that Maui Forum....Right? Not really!

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 45
5. Re: Makena Beach Resort

Our plans changed and we flew out a day earlier than expected to Maui, so we stayed at the MBR for a night on June 6. We were so impressed by the resort. They gave us a complimentary upgrade for our room, a voucher for 3 of us to the Maui Ocean Center, and all sorts of freebies for my son. No resort fee, valet parking is complimentary and they always have bottled water for you when they bring your car around. If you need more at any time, just call the valet stand, and they will bring you more at no cost and with a smile. The value of all these unexpected perks had to be at least $75 and our ocean view room was only a little over $200. Excellent value, and the service was outstanding. I know that wasn't your original question, but just thought I would chime in and share what a great experience we had during our brief stay. I've decided to extend my Maui trip, and I'm checking back into the MBR later this week.

New Berlin, WI
6. Re: Makena Beach Resort

Thank you for chiming in ShellPR....much appreciated information. Just adds to my madness! Thanks again all!

Reply to: Makena Beach Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted