We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makena Golf Course closing 3/31/13 for rest of year

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
Makena Golf Course closing 3/31/13 for rest of year

I don't see it on their website yet but I just got an email link from Makena Resort. tracking.travelclick.com/dm…

"Next Phase of Makena Makeover - Golf Course to close March 31st for the remainder of the year. Makena Golf Course will be closed for a major course makeover. More news to come in the next issue. Café on the Green, rated #1 on Trip Advisor, will remain open."

So if you want to golf here anytime soon, you have today or tomorrow. Cafe on the Green is definitely worth a stop nevertheless.

Aloha

Teri

Edited: 10:20 am, March 29, 2013
4 replies to this topic
Hofheim Germany
reviews: 20
1. Re: Makena Golf Course closing 3/31/13 for rest of year

How very dissapointing. I was definately looking fortwarf to this in Aug. Pretty Strange, given it is a Golf resort(noted by it's Name). I have not received any notice so thanks so very much for the headsUp ....... I've been Booke since January;(

Redding, Connecticut
reviews: 2
2. Re: Makena Golf Course closing 3/31/13 for rest of year

Just spoke to concierge at Makena B&G; he said that, as of today (6 Mar 2014), from what the hotel has been told, when the golf course reopens it will be completely private and will not be extending privileges to hotel guests at all. He said the hotel is "out of the loop" with regard to the golf course.

Thought it's a good idea to add this to your post in case anyone else is looking for info about it.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 34
3. Re: Makena Golf Course closing 3/31/13 for rest of year

Sorry this was new news to you. There have been quite a few other posts on this. This was announced last year. They actually have permits to completely redo the whole resort making it condos etc. Big changes for the Makena resort coming

San Diego...
4. Re: Makena Golf Course closing 3/31/13 for rest of year

Thanks for posting the current info on the golf course

Edited: 6:08 pm, March 06, 2014
Reply to: Makena Golf Course closing 3/31/13 for rest of year
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted