We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay in and around Wailea/ Makena

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zurich, ON
reviews: 11
Places to stay in and around Wailea/ Makena

Hi all, We've booked flights and will be in Honolulu from Feb. 07 to Feb. 12 when we fly to Maui. We have a wedding in Ka'anapali on the 22nd so we are booked in that area from Feb. 21 to the 26th. We are looking for place to stay in between these date. We are considering B&B's but have no idea. Please help us out. Thanks

Kansas City
reviews: 2
1. Re: Places to stay in and around Wailea/ Makena

Check out the Pineapple Inn Maui and recent trip report by Goldysmith. The place looks great.

Collierville...
reviews: 89
2. Re: Places to stay in and around Wailea/ Makena

My WIFE and I just got back from Maui and we spent our last 3 nights in the Kihei/Wailea area. We (wife:note) stayed in the Pineapple Inn about a 5 minutes drive or so from beaches and the main street. See my review for the Inn with pictures and visit their web sight. We were 100% satisfied with the accomodations and thought it was a good value.

washington state
reviews: 4
3. Re: Places to stay in and around Wailea/ Makena

Are you only interested in a Bed & Breakfast? There are many wonderful oceanfront condo's to pick from.

Kihei, Hawaii
4. Re: Places to stay in and around Wailea/ Makena

Licensed B&Bs in the area include:

Two Mermaids B&B

What a Wonderful World B&B

Kai's B&B

Ocean Breeze B&B

Arlington, TX
reviews: 33
5. Re: Places to stay in and around Wailea/ Makena

Saw your review on Pineapple Inn in Kihei. Supposed to stay there in May 2007, what are your tips? Please be willing to share any reservations you might have had with the property. Thanks.

Chicagoland
6. Re: Places to stay in and around Wailea/ Makena

Is this place licensed? Aside from that...I don't understand wanting to stay in a residential area like Maui Meadows, or in a location right above Piilani Highway (four lanes/ 50 MPH).

Last year DH and I were looking for a place for friends to stay during February. We found a house in Maui Meadows that the owners rent out by the month, so drove up to look at it. We found some deluxe homes...and not-so-great ones. We noted bars on windows and dogs roaming loose. While the house itself was attractive, for us the area was a no.

One can stay in a larger condo on Kiehi Road (with two bath and a full kitchen), only a stroll from the beach, for the same price.

7. Re: Places to stay in and around Wailea/ Makena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 24, 2009