We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eula Village - Destination Resorts Hawaii

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Eula Village - Destination Resorts Hawaii

Hello.

I am trying to do some research for a friend for her upcoming Maui trip in July. She has been to Maui before but usually stays in higher end hotels. For this trip, she has booked Eula Village through Destination Resorts Hawaii. She has a few concerns regarding her booking. I would greatly appreciate any feed back you have regarding this resort/management company.

1. She booked a 2 bedroom ocean view room directly through Destination Resorts Hawaii. She will not find out her unit number until she arrives. Based on some research it appears that DRH manages many nice condos, but there are a few that are dated. If she is unhappy with her unit at check in, can she request to change units assuming some are available?

2. It appears you can book DRH units through hotels.com, orbitz, etc. Is there a difference in unit selection based on how you book? (ie, does booking directly through DRH get her a better unit than if she booked through a 3rd party?)

3. Any negatives in booking through DRH other than above (as opposed to booking directly through an owner)?

4. Are there any major construction projects going on in the area that will be noticed if she is by the pool?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Milwaukie, Oregon
reviews: 24
1. Re: Eula Village - Destination Resorts Hawaii

There is a tab on the DHR website that says "Search and Select Specific Unit". I believe it costs a bit more to do it this way, but it is the way to go for anyone who has specific needs, likes, and dislikes. I prefer using local agencies to vrbo and DHR has a good reputation.

Dallas, Texas
2. Re: Eula Village - Destination Resorts Hawaii

Thank you for the quick reply. I will check out the price difference.

Can you suggest a few local reputable agencies if you get a chance?

San Diego...
3. Re: Eula Village - Destination Resorts Hawaii

We have used them an are very satisfied.

I have found if you want a specific unit there will be a 2 night non refundable deposit.

if you go run of the house think it is 2 nights 48 hour cancelation.

We just cancelled a trip to Polo beach for this May to have family visit at home. It was a run of the house. No problem in cancelling and got a refund in a couple of days.

Last year we had a problem with the unit as the unit above us was having noisy construction the DRM was not aware of. The rental manager come right down to our unit, got us a new unit, sent in the cleaning crew to freshen it up and moved all our stuff to the new unit.

This fall with have a specific unit reserved as we take the grandkids. 2 night nonrefundable. I bought travel insurance to cover that trip. They are our go to guys in Wailea

Dallas, Texas
4. Re: Eula Village - Destination Resorts Hawaii

Thanks for the info John60750!

5. Re: Eula Village - Destination Resorts Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 26, 2015