We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Wailea - planning 2nd trip to Maui

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Grand Wailea - planning 2nd trip to Maui

I am behind planning our trip and thought I would start with some quick questions. This is our second trip to Maui. The first was honeymoon at Ritz Kapalua 13 years ago. This time we chose Grand Wailea with two kids ages 10 & 7 mainly b/c of kids program & water features. Now I am reading lots of negative reviews on the GW wondering if we made the right decision (fully aware that you have to take TA reviews with a grain of salt). My husband bought a recent membership program deal which was very affordable so we are locked in.

What are the must do excursions? We will drive Haleakala (little one too young to bike), would like recommendation for snorkeling companies (want to see the turtles), are skipping road to Hana, need recommendation for good luau for them, and they want to see the pineapple fields & sugar cane fields. :-). They are big ocean kids, very easy & well behaved.

Also could use food options away from GW. Do they still do the big seafood buffet night at the Ritz? They love seafood & sushi. Would be worth the trip for that.

We are on Maui six nights July 31-August 6 and spending four nights at Disney Aulani Aug 6-10.

Thx for your recommendations!

Kihei
reviews: 50
1. Re: Grand Wailea - planning 2nd trip to Maui

The Grand Wailea is hugely expensive. Practice staying here by throwing $20 dollar bills out your car window a few times. It was recently purchased by the Government of Singapore. It is a great place with kids, they don't know how much you are paying. Eat off property for savings. A great place to experience, but you will pay lots of money for your stay.

Thornton, Colorado
reviews: 5
2. Re: Grand Wailea - planning 2nd trip to Maui

jdubkc, I'm curious how your trip was? We'll be staying at GW next week and it seems there are either very negative or very positive reviews…not much in between. Saw your post in my research and it had me wondering what you thought. Thanks!

3. Re: Grand Wailea - planning 2nd trip to Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 22, 2014