We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons Club Floor

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Idaho
reviews: 23
Four Seasons Club Floor

We are booked for 14 days in October for Four Seasons Maui. I have booked a Club floor room....Is it worth the extra $$$$$.........and can anyone tell me what they offer.......Besides what their website says and what I have been told by Four Seasons...I would like to hear from people that have stayed on the 8th floor...We also have 2 daughters we are taking, I was told they are fine being alone in the lounge to get food and drinks, etc....They are 10 and 11 yrs old.

Thank you!!!

Edited: 2:15 pm, June 28, 2013
Next to water
reviews: 29
1. Re: Four Seasons Club Floor

If you drink a lot it's a deal. If you drink moderately on vacation it's a deal. If you enjoy exclusivity and/or personalized waitstaff service then you will find it worth the money.

I personally prefer the breakfast down at Duo better but the increased wait times will make you appreciate the quiet continental breakfast in the club room.

You can get any room on the floor but then sit and have breakfast or tea or cocktails on any of the club lanais which all have very nice views. They used to do afternoon tea with sandwich and desserts service that is not standard anymore but it was the best part of the day. And the food rotation is generally the same...it used to be on a 7 day rotation but could be on a 14 day rotation now....so if you like the tartare bites they might be back the following tuesday...LOL!

If your family is active outside of the hotel then you may not find the club floor as useful. The pupus come out at set times; if you are out on excursions you will miss them. If you are down at the beach and not ready to come in then you will miss them.

If your kids are well behaved then gettting food and drinks via the staff will be no problem. Doubtful if the kids would want to be in the club room by themselves for any amount of time. The vibe is rather pleasantly adult but still friendly. Plus the room is small and pretty boring for kids so there are much more fun places to be than there! The staff on the floor are very kind. I've seen kids occasionally come in and ask for a juice or water and then leave. It has a very palpable adult and proper vibe to it. Most people who loiter in the club room are couples.

The same staff are your personal concierge. If you have any questions or are unfamiliar with anything then it's nice to have them book things. Or answer things. Or print things.

Is there anything you are particularly wondering about? For drinkers it's a no brainer. I recently suggested it as splurge for the last days of a trip I put together for friends. However the couple was so keen on spending the whole days on the property and never going up for the food service that i don't think it was a benefit for them. The club floor is generally pretty quiet as well...it's decidedly residential! I don't think that staying on it is ever a bad thing if your budget allows!

If anyone is reading this and is on the fence, ask yourself how much time will you be spending in the resort and is the club floor stretching your budget? If you are first timers to maui and plan on doing Hana, haleakala, nights in lahaina, food outside of the hotel all over the island....you may want to consider if you will use the food amenities and downtime provided by the club room. If you aren't planning to be on the go so much, appreciate a slower pace to sit and enjoy a toasted bagel and fruit and then happy hour with little plates of food, then club floor is a great option. I've seen many couples pop into the club room before they go out to dinner and lament they don't want to fill up on the little bites of food....so they end up bolting a glass of wine and running to their reservation at Mama Fish House etc.

Whatever you do, just enjoy your trip and don't be tied to the pupu schedule! You can't really go wrong at the FS can you??

Idaho
2. Re: Four Seasons Club Floor

Wow....Thanks so much for this wonderful review...You sold me! Kinda off topic, but when we go to Disneyland, we stay at the Grand Californian and stay on their Club level and it sounds about the same as FS...Our girls are incredible well behaved and the staff of resorts just fall in love with them. (I am sure all parents say this....lol). I suspect our girls will be going in for early breakfast, (bagel and juice) and heading to the beach! We plan on spending most of our time at the resort. We have done all the "touristy" things and just want some down time for the family! We enjoy going "off season" so there aren't as many people. Although we have never stayed at this particular FS. We have stayed at Hualailai on the Big Island, and other FS....We have been going to the Big Island for 14 yrs. and wanted to change it up a bit this yr...We wanted something quiet and relaxing with few people.......This sounds perfect!!!!!

And, yes you are correct........You cant go wrong with FS....One other question about the drinks..Is it all drinks i.e. mixed drinks, etc. or just beer and wine?

Thanks again for the response....... so very appreciated!!!.

LA
Destination Expert
for Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 1
3. Re: Four Seasons Club Floor

Haven't enjoyed the FS Club Level, but I would say the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua Club Level was the best club level I have ever experienced. There were very interesting and local dishes put out. I recall at least 4 food services. The other RC's in other cities have all been very good, but none had the decidedly unique Hawaiian items. The Hyatts are the worst. Especially the Waikiki one. It's just dreadful and decidedly sub-par for the price.

Next to water
reviews: 29
4. Re: Four Seasons Club Floor

Oh good! Sounds like the perfect choice for a family centric vacation...you will love the club floor then! Excellent.

Liquor is everything..top shelf liquor service and if it's missing you can always request it. It's always tempting to come back and have dessert and cordials on the floor after a dinner out. Some of the desserts in the hotel are pretty awesome though. The champagne on the club floor is really good. Really. Really. Good.

October is an excellent time to go. We were there last year and the weather was awesome and the water was still really warm. Much less people in the resort but not convention season.

I should mention that the maui property is very unlike the hualalai property. I did a quick comparison of them in one of my previous posts. Both are great but maui doesn't even try to be authentic or uber hawaiian in decor or feel. It's modern but not cold. There is a lot of stone and hard surfaces, not thatch or wooden structures. Very apples and oranges.

Maui has a lot of stuff to do but you can even entertain yourself in wailea. The free driver service drops you off at the shops of wailea. And there are tons of free amenities at the resort. Make sure you sign your family up for outrigger...the girls will love it. The reef is right off the beach and sometimes the turtles come in near the beach. The snorkel gear is free for an hour and it's all very new and nicely cleaned.

Just trying to point out some obvious things unique to the maui property so that you don't yearn for the BI property! LOL! The vibes are very different but I think both resorts are wonderful in their own way. Maui is more built up, but in some sense in a good way. if you venture out of the resort then you may find the areas if Paia and Makawao much to your liking..quaint and fun. Make early reservations to Willie K at Mulligans if he is playing. Very fun night.

I found the food on the club floor delicious and many years we just ate up there. 4 mini services was plenty of food for us. Coupled with free snack service around the pool all day and we felt stuffed! Each day was vaguely thematic but something for everyone. Breakfast is nice..nice variety of pastries and my english muffin was always tucked into a napkin swaddle. LOL! You can make your own POG too since all the components were on ice. I loved the quiet yet attentive service.

You will have to let me know the food rotation up there after you get back! When are you going? We've been going for 18 years and probably did 6 years on the club floor. If Margaret and Shawna are still up there, you are in for a treat. Truly kind people.

Idaho
5. Re: Four Seasons Club Floor

You are a wealth of knowledge! Where are you located? We are in Boise, Idaho! We travelled to the BI for yrs. and stayed at Kona Village Resort and Hualalai . When the tsunami closed Kona Village Resort we were so sad. Our daughters grew up there with the staff, etc...Now a lot of the staff is at Hualalai, but its not the same! Your post brought up more questions! Hope you don't mind! We have never gone in October, we normally go for the first 2 weeks of December, but this yr. my husband is busy with work in Nov. and Dec. so we moved it to October! Glad to know its a good time to visit! We have been told the outrigger is so much fun and yes, our girls will LOVE it! They loved snorkeling with the sea turtles on the BI. We are hoping to see some dolphins, too....My husband loves paddleboarding, so he will do that, while I lay on the beach and drink fun "umbrella drinks" LOL......To my questions.....

We are not renting a car for our entire visit, only for about 4-5 days. So can you suggest some good restaurants within walking distance, or where the FS drivers can take us? Most of the reviews of the restaurants at FS seem to be only "ok" for the food. We would like some local places as well. We have found that the local places are better than the chain places, etc.... Also, the girls love to visit Farmers Markets and buy jewelry and Hawaiian trinkets for their friends...Any near the resort or are most of those a car drive away?

Thanks again for all your help!

I looked over your reviews and saw Jackson Hole FS.....We are BIG skiers and are going there for a long weekend this yr!!!! We have some nice resorts here in Idaho, too!!!

Dana

New York City, New...
reviews: 8
6. Re: Four Seasons Club Floor

I'm dying reading this review. Sadly, can't afford the club floor. :( Do they ever upgrade to club level rooms for free? :)

Idaho
7. Re: Four Seasons Club Floor

They NEVER upgrade to the Club floor....I believe there are only 26 rooms on that floor

Philadelphia...
reviews: 28
8. Re: Four Seasons Club Floor

this may be a silly question, but are you allowed to get drinks in the club room and then take them elsewhere on the property? And are drinks served all day from the club room?

Thanks

Idaho
9. Re: Four Seasons Club Floor

Yes and Yes.........

10. Re: Four Seasons Club Floor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 26, 2014