We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elua Village Beach and closest Beach Bar & grill if any

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frisco, TX
reviews: 24
Elua Village Beach and closest Beach Bar & grill if any

I've seen all the restaurant refernces and reviews, but just looking for beach bars within walking distance of Elua Beach. Thanks!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
1. Re: Elua Village Beach and closest Beach Bar & grill if any

There aren't many "beach bars" in this area. Nothing that I know of around Ulua Beach. Your choices would be to walk up Wailea Alanui to one of the hotels, where you may have a view from a pool bar. Or, go into Kihei which is the opposite direction and get pupu's and drinks at one of the hotel restaurants. Such as 5 Palms.

Vancouver, BC
2. Re: Elua Village Beach and closest Beach Bar & grill if any

Depends when you are going as you will have a place when the Andaz opens in Sept/Oct

Seattle
reviews: 7
3. Re: Elua Village Beach and closest Beach Bar & grill if any

In May, we walked to 5 Palms from Elua for lunch. Went beach path til it ended, then sidewalk. It was hot and longer than I thought. I was recovering from a Feb knee injury, so not an easy walk. Made the decision to walk back via the beach--thinking it would be shorter and cooler (toes in water). Walking with a mending knee on an uneven sloping beach was not the brightest idea! If you're fit, it would be fine. You can also walk to Manolis for a view, not beach, bar. Didn't explore the hotels south of us much...

Frisco, TX
reviews: 24
4. Re: Elua Village Beach and closest Beach Bar & grill if any

2 bad knees so doubt we do that! Thanks

Seattle
5. Re: Elua Village Beach and closest Beach Bar & grill if any

Yeah--I kind of lost a day of good mobility after than long beach walk. Not fun. Are you staying at Elua? What you can do is take your fixin's, or beers, or bottle of wine with you down to the pool cabana near the beach. There is a full kitchen there where you could mix your own cocktails, chill your beer, plate up your appetizers, grill food, etc. Then either sit there and enjoy the view or... Elua has a little private fenced off area (need to know the beach gate code) on the lawn between the beach path and the water with some of those tented cabana chairs. We took our adult bevs and pupus to that spot and spent a couple of very enjoyable sunsets. Get there early enough to make sure the ground crew guy leaves you some cushions! They pick them up from the chairs right before sunset...

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
6. Re: Elua Village Beach and closest Beach Bar & grill if any

Hi Seattlebadger,

Your sunset at Elua sounds perfect! Can you tell us any more good inside information on staying at Elua? It's on my list of possibilities for next trip. Thanks!

Teri

Seattle
7. Re: Elua Village Beach and closest Beach Bar & grill if any

Hi Teri

We have to give mixed reviews.

We were recommended Elua by a number of friends. Excited to stay there. Got what I thought was a decent rate on a 1-br ocean view. Sorry for my brain-freeze, but maybe $325 per night from Alii resorts? Then my ski accident, and needing to postpone. Able to rebook 5 of 7 nights... Then told construction would be going on in our bldg. So rebooked again. Bit more money, bit more room, but less of a view--somewhat of a bummer. So, grounds are beautiful, units lovely, location superb.. Views are variable--check carefully if that is important. Overall a beautiful place, with many extras. The Andaz construction noise was a huge downer for us--literally chased us away several days. For the $$: wished we.'d spent more time in Kapalua where we started our week. If you can afford closer to the water, Elua amenities are good and the location is perfect for snorkeling. Check Alii, vrbo, etc for best price. Thinking about what YOU want: we ended up w 2 br (master plus twin that could be a king, 2 baths), wonderful living area and lanai, great kitchen. View could have been better. But we ended up paying around $375/n in May, which I think was OK. Mixed review, as I said...

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
8. Re: Elua Village Beach and closest Beach Bar & grill if any

Thanks SeattleBadger! This is the one we are looking at. http://www.vrbo.com/30630

Maybe it's even the one you stayed in. Fits your description. So the view wasn't so great at your unit? The Andaz construction would be a bummer! It should be done by next March, but then I guess the beach will be crowded with Andaz guests! Kapalua does sound better! And we may just end up with less expensive .lodgings if we can find the right place. Again - I appreciate you sharing your experience!

Newport Beach...
reviews: 41
9. Re: Elua Village Beach and closest Beach Bar & grill if any

Have you considered the Ekahi? Many great units on VRBO and very peaceful! We love it there.....

New Mexico
reviews: 8
10. Re: Elua Village Beach and closest Beach Bar & grill if any

Teri, we are huge fans of Elua, but as SeattleBadger said, it's all in which unit you end up with. We love how open, beautiful and peaceful the grounds are, love the private area on the bluff to read, sun, and watch the sunset, love the easy access to the beach walk...I could go on and on. Our favorite unit so far is this one we found on VRBO http://www.vrbo.com/203468 It's a great value, although it could use a wee bit of updating in the guest bathroom, but beds, view and access to the beach and pool are excellent.

For the OP, anywhere you stay along the Wailea beach walk will give you easy access to the bars and restaurants of the resorts, and Monkeypod is a very quick drive up the hill for great food and drinks. We love watching the sunset from the outdoor seating there.