We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must See Hotels in Wailea

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Ontario
reviews: 1
Must See Hotels in Wailea

We are staying in February in Ma'alaea for a week and have been told to look around Wailea for an outing going along the beach and through some of the fabulous hotels and grounds. Any suggestions of where to start and go. Thanks.

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 25
1. Re: Must See Hotels in Wailea

Well, I guess the Wailea Grand qualifies.... we actually walked along Keawakapu Beach to the GW and had a look see at all the shops and the grounds. Nice chapel there for a wedding. That is the only one we actually went into. While you are down that end, I'd be stopping in at the Shops at Wailiea. And also, make sure you drive all the way to La Perouse Bay. It's amazing to see all the black lava from the last lava flow from Haleakala. And stop in at Big Beach too, also known as Makena Beach. Okay, that isn't helping your hotel lobby question at all. I think the places I mentioned are much nicer and more worth while though!

Enjoy the whales!!

Newcastle, Ontario
reviews: 1
2. Re: Must See Hotels in Wailea

Thank you for the advise. We have so much planned while we are there but want some ideas that are not too far from where we are - an afternoon of strolling and seeing different things not too far from the condo.

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 25
3. Re: Must See Hotels in Wailea

Actually, with you staying in Ma'alaea, you are pretty central to everything. Not much in the immediate neighbourhood, but you have it made for any whale watching tours. You can just walk right over to the boat, no need for a drive. And the Waterfront restaurant is right there. I haven't been able to try that one out yet.

Are you going to be snorkeling??? If not, the Ocean Center is right there, and is worth a visit. Nothing beats actually getting into the water though.

A lot of those hotels have great restaurants. Make sure you try out some of the happy hours. And have a wonderful time!

Oceanside...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Must See Hotels in Wailea

Well if you want to walk around enjoy the shops, lobbies, restaurants in Wailea i would recommend parking at the Shops of Wailea parking lot lower down and have breakfast at one the restuarants there. Than walk down to the Wailea Marriott. Bring a swim suit or wear one. Take a right down to a calm snorkeling beach Ulua or go left hit the sea walk and walkover to the Grand Wailea and enjoy the shops and decor. Back out to the sea walk on your right, one of the best beaches in Hawaii is there, Waileas Beach. The next hotel is the Four Seasons in IMHO the best in Hawaii if not the USA. The last time I was there on the beach (all beaches in Hawaii are open to the public) the FS beach crew came up to me with a small fruit plate and juice. Not wanting to embrass them I accepted. The restaurants are very nice as is the one by the pool but expensive. Great shops also and grounds also. If you want to keep walking the next Hotel is the Fairmont Kea Lani very nice also but the beach is not as nice as Wailea but it is a beautiful hotel with nice grounds and shops also. It is about 1.5+ miles RT to hike along the shore then a short hike to the Hotels. They are all very expensive but very nice. A good way to finish this walk is to have a Mai-Tai at the Wailea Marriott Pool Bar and tell the elder bartenders that Glenn from Oceanside sent you.

Aloha gmc

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
5. Re: Must See Hotels in Wailea

http://www.waileapoint.com/wailea-map.php

http://www.mauirealestate.com/wailea-map/

Edited: 12:41 am, June 06, 2013
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
6. Re: Must See Hotels in Wailea

Wow - had a tough time with the maps above, and I am not completely sure that they are 100% up to date. But they may be helpful.

Also - in the luggage area of the airport are some excellent maps of the various areas of Maui. Snag one for South Maui. The maps that they give you with the rental car ... while on the whole are not very good - they may have a pull out of the resorts.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

This link could be very helpful. While the map is very rough, you can scroll down to the bottom on click for aerials of the hotel properties.

OK ! This looks current - from the website of the Shops at Wailea.

http://theshopsatwailea.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/TS@W-Map.jpg

Edited: 12:47 am, June 06, 2013
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
7. Re: Must See Hotels in Wailea

http://theshopsatwailea.com/directions/

Sorry about the bad link. Try this.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 339
8. Re: Must See Hotels in Wailea

The Four Seasons is the nicest hotel on Maui, I'd start there and then wander over to the Grand Wailea and also check out the new Andaz.

reviews: 716
9. Re: Must See Hotels in Wailea

The Grand Wailea is beautiful! We had lunch there and my daughter spent a week there on her honeymoon in April. Beautiful, grand hotel with the total wow factor.

Happy Travels! :)

South Jersey
reviews: 64
10. Re: Must See Hotels in Wailea

We just returned from Grand Wailea and it was stunning. If you go to daily activities on their website they have a tour of the artwork, not sure if you need to be staying there to do it. If you walk through on your own make sure you go to the Botero Bar in the Napua Tower in the center of the hotel. It is surrounded by the really neat Botero sculptures (I think the hotel has 14 of them). They also have local crafters several days a week selling art, jewelry, homemade scarves etc,