We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Prices at 4S restaurants

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glossop, United...
reviews: 64
Food Prices at 4S restaurants

Hi

Am thinking about booking the 4S, & notice they have an offer of 250 dollars resort credit per day. But can't find info on prices for food. Does anyone know how far 250 dollars will get us? Will it even cover breakfast? Just rough guidance would be great thanks

chicago area
1. Re: Food Prices at 4S restaurants

How many people? You could check their website for menus. 250 credit a day? I'm afraid to ask what the room price is.

Wisconsin
reviews: 51
2. Re: Food Prices at 4S restaurants

Our breakfast is included in our rate. We ate at Duo for dinner several years ago. For 4 of us including some wine and a drink, it was $500:

Hudson Valley, NY
reviews: 46
3. Re: Food Prices at 4S restaurants

Breakfast buffet is around 40 dollars per person. Dinner will be at least $50 per person, not including drinks. If you book with a 4S preferred partner you will get free breakfast daily and an extra resort credit (in addition to the resort's daily credit promotion)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 345
4. Re: Food Prices at 4S restaurants

I would check the details on what you can use the resort credit for. Sometimes there are restrictions on how much you can use for dining, how much you can use for the Spa, etc.

Like allmom, we always get the breakfast included package, but I think you are reading the offer wrong. It is a $250 resort credit for your first five consecutive nights, so essentially $50 a day and an additional $50 every day after the first five.

And so no, it wouldn't cover breakfast for two since I think the morning buffet is like $30 or $35 a piece.

As I said, we get the breakfast package, but we don't necessarily eat breakfast there everyday. I just like knowing it is covered if we do and the rate between the breakfast package and regular rates isn't that great.

New Berlin, WI
reviews: 13
5. Re: Food Prices at 4S restaurants

Book through whatahotel.com and you will receive the breakfast buffet free each day (if you can call it "free"). The total for 2 (they still bring you a bill to sign) is $85 tip included. Duo is $40 to $55 range for your main dinner and you can add things like 1 scallop/prawn for like $12 (each). Drinks throughout 4S are about $15 each including Duo, lobby bar and serenity pool. Dinner for 2 at Duo is $200 minimum in my opinion, drinks add up fast. Also, they have a raw bar/seafood, which is $69 or $79 per person, not including drinks. 4S is pricey so if you feel you want to stay there, but not eat on site, there are plenty of places to eat for much more value, but nice to try the onsite restaurants, just wouldn't make it a nightly thing.

Beijing, China
reviews: 64
6. Re: Food Prices at 4S restaurants

For stays 5 nights or longer, you get $250 credit per day if you book a suite, for those ocean/garden/mountain view rooms, you get $50 credit per day.

reviews: 3
7. Re: Food Prices at 4S restaurants

our ferraros dinner for 2 including wine and desert was 150.

Next to water
reviews: 29
8. Re: Food Prices at 4S restaurants

Both restaurants for dinner are spendy. Ferraros first section has crudo items and charcuterie items. Just to let you know a sashimi of a fish is like 4 pieces. It's not volume eating. Second section are salads, which are kind of big for salads! The there are pastas and finally meat/fish items for entrees. You can pretty much order as much or as little as you feel like eating.

If you are food centric then you might get 3 courses...15-30 for each of the first 2 courses and 30-50 dollars for entrees. So $250 is a reasonable budget. You can eat cheaper and order less but some of the food is fantastic. A few misses here and there but for the most part you can get some really good stuff if chef Nick is in the kitchen! My mouth just started to water thinking about the seafood salad. darn it!

I will say that despite the prices, the service at both restaurants is very...professionally relaxed? It is not snooty or harsh or intimidating...it's relaxing and the servers and managers are helpful and it's a great experience. Contrast to Spago, of which we had a fantastic food night (it's hit or miss), the service is definitely showy and amusingly haughty. You could and would want to eat at Ferraros every night because it feels relaxing and inviting...Spagos feels like eating out and being seen...they couldn't be more different for roughly the same price point.

reviews: 3
9. Re: Food Prices at 4S restaurants

what did you guys think of the hand napkins. that blew me away.

Next to water
reviews: 29
10. Re: Food Prices at 4S restaurants

LOL! I did that at a dinner party when I got home....flashy!