We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whatahotel.com - Four Seasons Wailea

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
whatahotel.com - Four Seasons Wailea

Is whatahotel.com a safe and reputable site to book the Four Seasons Wailea through?

33 replies to this topic
LA
Destination Expert
for Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 1
1. Re: whatahotel.com - Four Seasons Wailea

Never heard of it.

Book directly through the hotel to get the best deals and avoid the issues of giving your credit card information to an unknown, and to be assured you actually have a booking, not just a scam.

Long Island, NY
reviews: 15
2. Re: whatahotel.com - Four Seasons Wailea

I've seen a few people mention it on their reviews of the FS. Seems like you get breakfasts included, plus an $85 credit towards lunch in Ferraros restaurant, and I think a free upgrade if it's available. I was leery of booking through them so I went through the regular channels. A travel agent I know told me not to book with them so I listened -- I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Hope it works out well for you if you do decide to book through them. Let us know!!

Sultan, Washington
reviews: 16
3. Re: whatahotel.com - Four Seasons Wailea

A quick Google search for reviews of whatahotel reveals many hits, although actual reviews take some digging. It appears to have been around since at least '09, and has some favorable reviews, such as hotelchatter.com/story/…3F

Proceed with caution.

Edited: 12:19 pm, March 06, 2012
houston tx
reviews: 9
4. Re: whatahotel.com - Four Seasons Wailea

I have used Whatahotel.com five times and haven't had one problem with their services. I just used them when I booked my trip to Four Seasons Wailea for June, I use the same agent Ivonne everytime I book a trip and feel very comfortable with her.

Lawrence, Kansas
reviews: 61
5. Re: whatahotel.com - Four Seasons Wailea

We booked our 10 day stay at Four Seasons through whatahotel.com and had no problems whatsoever. They are a Preferred Partner with Four Seasons and there is no way 4 Seasons would give them that designation if they were not top shelf. In my research, that is the only company I came up with that gave these extras with 4 Seasons and they certainly were not available through 4 Seasons. We got confirmation of the booking and the perks directly from 4 Seasons immediately after making the reservation.

The 4 Seasons package included free breakfast buffet each day for 2 (an $85.00 value), one lunch voucher worth up to $85.00 at Ferraros, and a free room upgrade assuming there was a vacant upgrade available.

Again, we were very happy with whatahotel.com.

Toronto, Ontario
reviews: 42
6. Re: whatahotel.com - Four Seasons Wailea

You can book with any "FS Preferred Partner" and get the same perks, and the same rate. FS does not discount their rates so you will typically see the same with all online search engines, including their own website.

I use a preferred partner here in my own city of Toronto. The benefit of this is that you do not have to pay in full, you only have to provide a two night deposit as required by FS. As well, the reservation is directly with the hotel (not the travel agent). I would do a search online and find a local TA that has preferred partner status. You will get the exact same benefits. At first I was hesitant to book with a TA because I usually do everything online, but over the years I have been extremely happy with my TA. And they are also a Virtuoso member, so sometimes I get a few extra things because of this designation.

Edited: 9:26 am, March 14, 2012
reviews: 17
7. Re: whatahotel.com - Four Seasons Wailea

We always use a FSPP or AMEX Fine Hotels and Resorts to receive these extra amenities at FS or Ritz properties. No other way to do it. The advantage of AMEX is that you get a guaranteed last checkout of 4 pm.

Long Island, New...
reviews: 38
8. Re: whatahotel.com - Four Seasons Wailea

As stated above, use a FSPP TA to book instead of the site. You only need to leave a 2-night deposit and get the same perks. Should be easy to find.

Scranton, PA
reviews: 18
9. Re: whatahotel.com - Four Seasons Wailea

How do you find a FSPP in your area? I just did a google search for Scranton, PA but nothing came up. I see many people use WhatAHotel but I don't see on their website the details of the extras you get by booking through them.

reviews: 17
10. Re: whatahotel.com - Four Seasons Wailea

the FSPP does not need to be in your area. Any of them can book. We use Brownell agency.

Reply to: whatahotel.com - Four Seasons Wailea
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted