We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Wailea - Questions From Australia

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 25
Grand Wailea - Questions From Australia

Hello fellow advisors

We are wanting to stay at the Grand Wailea on first 10 days of October. I will be coming with my wife and three boys (10, 8 and 6). We chose this hotel due to pools and slides. With three boys we need two adjoining rooms or a two bedroom suite. A few questions.

1) How do we get the best rate for this hotel. Any websites, link or hints. Does it get cheaper closer to the date?

2) How busy will it be in October?

3) Does anyone know how much they charge for the kids club?

3) Any other tips of suggest would be appreciated.

Thanks

long island, NY
reviews: 54
1. Re: Grand Wailea - Questions From Australia

We stayed at the Grand Wailea in Oct. 2006. It was busy, but not too busy. Very nice time of year!

Very expensive...we got rate by calling direct of $573 per night for Napua 2 Queen beds..but now I see that rate would be $810.

Camp Wailea was approx $60 per night for one child.

Not sure what room they would have for five people though, as I believe max is 4. You might want to call directly and ask...

If you have your heart set on staying here, book cheapest room...or split vacation betw here and more reasonable priced hotel...That is what we did on our trip.

orange county
reviews: 3
2. Re: Grand Wailea - Questions From Australia

You can always sign up for membership. Not sure what the rate is now. You get 50% off the published rate, which in reality only gets you about 20% off the internet rate. Then again, since you're from Australia, I doubt you will go to Maui enough to get your money's worth.

No real tricks to getting a great deal. Just go when its not busy and perhaps use a travel agent?

Orange County...
3. Re: Grand Wailea - Questions From Australia

Gee gkace, interesting how your kids have each aged a year since Jan. 2008. perhaps the search bar is a better choice for you?

Danville, California
reviews: 28
4. Re: Grand Wailea - Questions From Australia

Stay at Grand Wailea's- Ho'olei, new condo's which will give you more space and a kitchen plus use of the pools. It's across the street but your kids are old enough to walk and carry their stuff. I also highly recommend splitting your stay if you want to save $, we did this in June, a week in a condo and 4 days at GW. 2 nights/3 days is really enough to enjoy the pools at the Grand Wailea! Rates at GW seem to just keep going up, booking directly is your best bet. Happy planning, aloha!

Australia
reviews: 1
5. Re: Grand Wailea - Questions From Australia

Hi qkace

I have been pricing GW as well, went to travel agent in Sydney and they were more expensive than booking direct and also can include breakfast when booking direct as travel agent couldnt include breakfast.

Hope this helps.

Sydney
reviews: 25
6. Re: Grand Wailea - Questions From Australia

Appreciate your feedback

I am now also looking at the Grand Wailea Villas as some of the villas get you access to the Grand Waliea pools and slides.

KC
reviews: 5
7. Re: Grand Wailea - Questions From Australia

We are staying at the Grand Wailea Villas, but considered staying at the GW as well.

If you are set on the GW and wish to decrease the cost, you may become a Hilton Honors member-the GW is a sister hotel of the Hilton chain, as rep from Hilton shared with me (sign up through a credit card, etc.) and start accumulating points and apply these towards your stay.

Best wishes planning.

Palo Alto...
reviews: 53
8. Re: Grand Wailea - Questions From Australia

Just as a point of clarification - there are two new "high-end" condo complexes near the GWR.

The GWR manages Ho'olei at the Grand Wailea. If you stay at Ho'olei and ONLY if you book through the GWR, you are entitled to full usage of the pools at the GWR. Ho'olei is across the street from the GWR (with shuttle access to the hotel).

Wailea Beach Villas is next door to the GWR. The villas are beachfront on Wailea Beach. Guests at WBV do not have pool privileges at the GWR unless the privileges are offered by the WBV homeowner (which is rare).

orange county
9. Re: Grand Wailea - Questions From Australia

I'm assuming that because the OP is asking how to get the cheapest rate, money IS an object. Both the condos that were mentioned are way more than a room at the GW. Let's not get too carried away.

Palo Alto...
reviews: 53
10. Re: Grand Wailea - Questions From Australia

Please note in the above posts there is talk about looking into and staying at Grand Wailea Villas. I posted a clarification because there is NO such complex as Grand Wailea Villas - there is a complex called Ho'olei at the Grand Wailea and there is a complex Wailea Beach Villas.