We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wailea Ekahi Lower Village condos and private homes

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville
Wailea Ekahi Lower Village condos and private homes

Hello! I"m looking at booking my family in a condo at Wailea Ekahi, 20C, for next summer. This location is considered to be in the lower village. However, when looking at a map of WE, it looks like private homes are in front of condos 18-22, between the units and the beach. Has anyone ever stayed here in one of these condos, and if so, is there any view at all? Have you stayed at a unit there that you can recommend? Thanks for your help! Tracy

seattle
reviews: 2
1. Re: Wailea Ekahi Lower Village condos and private homes

we have stayed there a couple times but not in that unit. However, we did visit with some friends in one in that area. There are houses across the street but I believe there is a public path between two somewhere along that stretch. You won't have an ocean view from there.

We rented through mauiownercondos.com and stayed in 5B which is just gorgeous but books way out. We also stayed ina another unit in bldg 6 but I am not sure who the owner is renting from anymore. I actually called the association for a list of owners that rent and that's how I found that one but it was quite a few years ago.

Louisville
2. Re: Wailea Ekahi Lower Village condos and private homes

Thanks so much for your information! Would you happen to have the contact info for the association owners who rent?

Tracy

Nederland, Colorado
reviews: 8
3. Re: Wailea Ekahi Lower Village condos and private homes

I am digging through my file and getting my map out as I read this. We've stayed at Ekahi Village 8 times out of the 10 we've been to Maui. Is 20C upstairs? We always get a second floor unit to make sure we have an ocean view. You are correct, there are homes along that stretch of road below the condos. But from my memory, the condos are uphill a bit. In 2004 my family stayed in 26C and had a nice view with fantastic sunsets! But that building is uphill from 20C.

January 2007 we stayed in 16E which was a lovely condo; good ocean view, updated, easy walk to the beach. We reserved it through the owners. I believe they were trying to sell it.

I wish I had taken better notes on the condos we've stayed in. I did write that building 14 is the perfect location. Just FYI.

winnipeg
4. Re: Wailea Ekahi Lower Village condos and private homes

I stayed in Ekahi, 20 B last winter. 20 C is a ground floor unit. You can see the Ocean from their location. The Houses on the beach do not create a distraction. In fact, it is very private area. We loved it.

I am thinking baout renting 20C next time we go, because 20 B is only a one bedroom, we need more room this year. Let me know what you think of the unit, if you do rent it.

Napa, California
Destination Expert
for Kailua
reviews: 12
5. Re: Wailea Ekahi Lower Village condos and private homes

We stayed at 20E several years ago. This was a ground floor unit with no ocean view. Our lanai was looking out on the gardens, where were fairly large and private. We really liked this location as it was great for our little guy to run around while we relaxed on the lanai. It is a little walk to the beach, but still considered lower village - we liked the location quite a bit!

6. Re: Wailea Ekahi Lower Village condos and private homes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, September 16, 2009