We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative houseboat rental option on Lake Powell

Which Lake Powell hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
Alternative houseboat rental option on Lake Powell

I just read a posting from 2010 regarding less expensive houseboat options on Lake Powell. I would like to follow up that expired posting with this one. If there was a less expensive option that involved smaller (ie 20-30 ft) houseboats that accommodated 4-5 passengers, cruised at higher speeds and cost 2/3 less per day, would vacationers be interested in an option like this? Would they still be interested if they had to dock the boat themselves? The boats would be the equivalent to docking a large pontoon boat. I'm interested in your thoughts.

Seattle
11. Re: Alternative houseboat rental option on Lake Powell

We are interested in your smaller houseboat idea. Possibly 8-10 of us in two smaller boats.. something for us to plan ahead in the coming next couple of years.. Thanks

12. Re: Alternative houseboat rental option on Lake Powell

Good to know. Thank you for your post.

LorJer

Chicago
13. Re: Alternative houseboat rental option on Lake Powell

Lor Jer,

Any news on your potential business venture?

My wife and I may be traveling to the area in mid-May, 2013.

Thanks

14. Re: Alternative houseboat rental option on Lake Powell

Hi Madiba2,

Thanks for your interest. At this time we are still assessing the long-term feasibility of starting this business and thus will not have boats on the water by 2013.

LorJer

15. Re: Alternative houseboat rental option on Lake Powell

Hi...I just came across this discussion, looking for exactly this option for a family of 4. Does this option exist? If we are looking for a 2 to 3 day house-boat option, but want to do water-skiing, what are our options?

Thanks.

Edited: 9:35 pm, November 24, 2012
16. Re: Alternative houseboat rental option on Lake Powell

Right now, the only option for a houseboat rental would be to go with one of the two vendors on Lake Powell. You could rent a ski boat on the lake or from one of the off-lake marinas in Page.

Our future goal is to offer the option of smaller, more affordable houseboat rentals out of Page. At this point, we are still working on raising capital to make this goal a reality.

Thank you.

Newport, Oregon
17. Re: Alternative houseboat rental option on Lake Powell

LORJER

Yes, very interested in the smaller size boat for Lake Powell. My wife and I are planning to bring our 26' Bayliner Cruiser to LP in April or May 2013' for a two month exploration of the canyons on Lake Powell. If you had a 20' to 27' camper on the water we would definitely consider NOT trailering our boat from NW Oregon to LP. Any chance we could be your trial customers for a run at it in early to mid 2013??

Vern and Paulette

Newport, Oregon
18. Re: Alternative houseboat rental option on Lake Powell

lorjer

YES............ My wife and I are planning a two month trip to LP in April/May or May/June of 2013. We would love to find a camper on the water small boat that would accommodate two for exploring the lake and its side canyons. Really not interested in a 45'+++ size boat that is really built of 10 to 20 people. Let me know if you need a trail customer for this coming Spring??

Vern & Paulette

Newport, Oregon
19. Re: Alternative houseboat rental option on Lake Powell

Sorry bout the two responses. Got caught up in the registration process and didn't know if the first reply went through or not................. so now you have three

merry xmas...............V&P

20. Re: Alternative houseboat rental option on Lake Powell

Hi Vern,

We'd love to provide a unit for your adventure but unfortunately we aren't at a point to do this in 2013. I can see where a large rental would be cost prohibitive and trailering a boat from Oregon could be a big task. Shoot your email to me at Jeremy@NauticSportHouseboats.com to kick around some alternative ideas.

LorJer