We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trip on lake Powell or Colorado float trip?

Which Lake Powell hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, Switzerland
reviews: 4
Boat trip on lake Powell or Colorado float trip?

Unfortunately won't have time to do both. Which of these would you most recommend for our family with teenagers (17,14 and 11) during our stay at Page?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 232
1. Re: Boat trip on lake Powell or Colorado float trip?

You'll get divided opinion on this one, but I would opt for a chance to take a Colorado river trip. You'll experience a more natural adventure exploring one of the world's great river canyons versus motorboating around a man-made lake that destroyed much of that river.

Either way, you'll have a great experience and adventure.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 144
2. Re: Boat trip on lake Powell or Colorado float trip?

Both are unique and enjoyable, but I'd choose the raft trip. See my recent review and trip report and photos.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60834-i239-k39545…

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 126
3. Re: Boat trip on lake Powell or Colorado float trip?

I'm going to go with the rest and say the rafting. With your kids ages I think being on a tour boat on the lake they won't get as much interaction as they would with the raft.

If you could rent a boat and go out on your own on the lake with a tube then I'd say for sure the lake. Nothing like that during the hot summer days.

4. Re: Boat trip on lake Powell or Colorado float trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, April 09, 2011