We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photo spots during balloon race weekend

Which Natchez hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pass Christian...
reviews: 70
Photo spots during balloon race weekend

I'm heading to Natchez next weekend, and looking for info on good spots for photography during the balloon glow (Friday night), and also during the balloon events on Saturday and Sunday. The website doesn't even have what time the balloons will be flying - it's primarily based on the music events which aren't as important to us. I've never been to Natchez, so any schedule or location info would be appreciated! thanks!

Pass Christian...
1. Re: Photo spots during balloon race weekend

I found the times -- Friday balloon glow at 7pm. (Anywhere to see this besides the fairgrounds?)

Saturday 7:30 and 3:30 pm and Sunday 7:30 and 4:30

I understand the finish lines are in different places - but in general might Cemetary road be a good place, or are there any pedestrian areas on the bridge?

thanks!

Natchez, Mississippi
2. Re: Photo spots during balloon race weekend

Friday, October 19, 2012

7:30 a.m. - Media Balloon Flight*

6:00 p.m. - Gates open for the Bicentennial Gardens Balloon Glow

7:00 p.m. - Balloon Glow

7:30 p.m. - Fireworks sponsored by The City of Natchez and The City of Vidalia

Saturday, October 20, 2012

7:30 a.m. - Competition Balloon flight*

3:30 p.m.: Afternoon Balloon Flight*

4:30 p.m.: Sponsored Balloon Flight & Key Grab competition (this will be on the fairgrounds)

Sunday, October 21, 2012

7:30 a.m. - Competition Balloon Flight*

4:30 - Afternoon Fun Flight*

For the media flight on Friday morning, Cemetery Road is a great choice. The balloon glow on Friday night has balloons scattered in and around the festival grounds, so you can see them without buying passes.

The balloons take off all through the downtown area so I would suggest being downtown near the festival grounds for some great shots of balloons flying over downtown and the Mississippi River. The pilots meet before every flight at the Natchez Visitor Center, 640 S. Canal Street, about an hour before each scheduled flight. You can go there to find out where the pilots will be taking off and about where they will be landing.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else!

Natchez, Mississippi
3. Re: Photo spots during balloon race weekend

I am sure you will get some great shots. Let us know if you do. The Natchez Visitor Center is always looking for great photography and photographers to help us promote Natchez. Have a great weekend!

Wiggins...
4. Re: Photo spots during balloon race weekend

Is there a hotel that offers a great view of the balloons from a balcony?

Pass Christian...
5. Re: Photo spots during balloon race weekend

We did get some great shots - the country station at 95FM was very helpful by announcing where the balloons would be about an hour before the events. Couldn't beat the fairgrounds for the balloon glow. Good spots we found for the races were from across the bridge in Vidalia, LA-- all along the waterfront over there --and Silver Street was good as well. (For VickyFrySmith, the Comfort Suites in Vidalia would be a great choice for that.) Tons of free parking, no issues with traffic... I love small town festivals - amazing weekend!!!

Pass Christian...
6. Re: Photo spots during balloon race weekend

...And thanks so much for your replies!!!

Natchez, Mississippi
reviews: 1
7. Re: Photo spots during balloon race weekend

Glad to know the Natchez Forum is being kept up and people got answers to their questions over the weekend. I didn't have time to respond to everyone that texted or called me about flights etc.

Pass Christian...
8. Re: Photo spots during balloon race weekend

Finally(!) posted some pictures:

…smugmug.com/NorthAmerica/…

Natchez, Mississippi
9. Re: Photo spots during balloon race weekend

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing. We hope you come back to Natchez in the future.

10. Re: Photo spots during balloon race weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Natchez