We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rosalie or longwood

Which Natchez hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
reviews: 2
rosalie or longwood

arriving in natchez tomorrow wondering if anyone has an opinion on visiting rosalie or longwood. can only do 1.

thanks

Mississippi
reviews: 9
1. Re: rosalie or longwood

I think you would like either one. I personally liked Rosalie the best. Stanton Hall is nice too. Enjoy your visit.

Natchez, Mississippi
2. Re: rosalie or longwood

The homes really act as a juxtaposition to one another in relation to the Civil War, so it depends on what you are interested in seeing.

Rosalie has fabulous interiors and a wonderful history of the family who built it. The home represents the prosperity of the region before the beginning of the War.

Longwood is a shining example of how the War effected the wealthy in the South. Construction on Longwood was halted due to the beginning of the War Between the States. Carpenters laid down their tools, resulting in the house never being completed. It is also the largest octagonal house in the U.S.

Please let us know if you have any more questiosn or if we can help you with anything else.

Mississippi
reviews: 9
3. Re: rosalie or longwood

Thanks Natchez CVB....I should have mentioned Longwood was never finished. It seemed kind of dreary to me. I believe that's the reason I liked Rosalie the best because of the outstanding interior. Good luck to you.

4. Re: rosalie or longwood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Natchez