We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Advice on SD Trip

Which Keystone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Avella, PA
Last Minute Advice on SD Trip

Hi! We are leaving on Sunday for our trip to SD. Is there any last minute advice out there as to what we shouldn't miss seeing or doing while we are in SD. We start off in Sioux Falls and then travel west. Thank you, PA Dairy Family

Lebanon, Oregon
reviews: 20
1. Re: Last Minute Advice on SD Trip

Visit blackhillsattractions.com this will list several attractions and things to do in this area. You should visit the Spearfish Canyon Scenic area and Deadwood, the Badlands Natl.Park , and drive the loop roads in Custer State Park , visit Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Statue.

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
reviews: 10
2. Re: Last Minute Advice on SD Trip

I know you have already left, but maybe you will check your e-mail on your journey. In Mitchell, you will want to drive by the world's largest bird feeder (Corn Palace). Every year they create murals and redecorate it with corn and other grains. Across the street from the Corn Palace is a doll museum. Also, a prehistoric Indian village is at Mitchell . A fantastic view of the Missouri River can be see from the overlook at Chamberlain, SD. You can tour the St. Joseph' s Indian School and museum there for free. When you pass Presho, SD start looking for antelope out in the pastures. Murdo, SD has the Pioneer Auto Show and 30 furnished buildings in an 1880's town and sprawling homestead. The Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, Bear Country, Custer State Park are just a few of the thngs I think you would enjoy. Crazy Horse can best be viewed from the highway and SKIP the High admission price. Life-size cement dinosaurs can be climbed on at Rapid City. You can tour a part of the old gold mine at Lead, SD. Our kids thought this was very interesting especilly with all the mine disasters this past year.

Rapid City, South...
reviews: 9
3. Re: Last Minute Advice on SD Trip

Don't forget to stop at Wall Drug -- signs along the interstate will point the way!

4. Re: Last Minute Advice on SD Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 13, 2009