We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Morristown for a month with no car

Which Morristown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Israel
Staying in Morristown for a month with no car

Hi,

I will be staying in new jersey for a while with no car since I can't drive, I'm looking for a hotel that has a shuttle to my workplace (Verizon offices in basking ridge 1 Verizon Way).

Which hotel do you recommend? I need something that has a room with a fridge and microwave, also in a walking distance to some supermarket, and that has a shuttle to my workplace.

Thanks in advance,

Michal

9 replies to this topic
Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
1. Re: Staying in Morristown for a month with no car

THere is a courtyard in Basking Ridge wich is within walking distance to a mini mart.

Israel
2. Re: Staying in Morristown for a month with no car

Yes I know (I'm the same person from the basking ridge forum :)) but the courtyard I'm not sure has a shuttle.

I saw on their website that the best western morristown inn does have a shuttle, I don't know if the shuttle also applies to Verizon offices.

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Staying in Morristown for a month with no car

Morristown is more of a downtown feel. I would sugest contacting both these hotels. Maybe your company can give you sugestions

Edited: 6:39 pm, May 28, 2011
Israel
4. Re: Staying in Morristown for a month with no car

what does it mean "downtown feel"? that there are more shops nearby?

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Staying in Morristown for a month with no car

I has a nice center of town. Here is a link

www.morristown-nj.org

Edited: 6:53 am, May 29, 2011
Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 75
6. Re: Staying in Morristown for a month with no car

Morristown is a lovely town and it certainly would be very pleasant to stay there. But, if the transportation to Verizon is going to be a problem, I did locate two hotels that are within walking distance. I have not stayed in either one nor do I know what the walking conditions are but here they are:

Old Mill Inn and Dolce Basking Ridge. Dolce has a shuttle service.

http://www.oldemillinn.com/

http://www.dolce-basking-ridge-hotel.com

NJ
7. Re: Staying in Morristown for a month with no car

If you are going to be working at the Verizon, it used to be the old ATT building. There is nothing nearby. People drive to work then drive home.

That location really isn't that close to Morristown. I highly doubt that you will find a hotel in Morristown to give you a free ride to/from work every day.

As I've said before, being without a car there very very inconvenient.

Basking Ridge is an upscale $$$ small town. Everyone drives.

The nearest supermarket is at the Lyons Mall near the the Lyons train station about 10 minutes car ride away.

If it was me, I'd stay at the Dolce.

Morristown, New...
reviews: 10
8. Re: Staying in Morristown for a month with no car

If you are still undecided, I would also recommend the Dolce @ Basking Ridge. It is the only facility within walking distance of the Verizon campus. They do offer a local shuttle service. You would need to contact them to see what that includes. Morristown is the only local choice for entertainment, shopping and dining. There are many restaurants within the town, from fine dining to pub style eateries. There is a movie theater with 10 cinemas in town. The Moristown community Theater, now referred to as the Mayo Performing Arts Center, has concerts and shows by a range of nationally known artists.

~Good luck~

Hillsborough, New...
reviews: 112
9. Re: Staying in Morristown for a month with no car

Morristown's Green is an awesome area for restaurants and bars!

Reply to: Staying in Morristown for a month with no car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted