We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling alone

Which Icmeler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
reviews: 3
travelling alone

Can anyone tell me what Icmeler is like for a woman alone. I'm all booked for first 3 weeks in August and was supposed to be meeting someone there, but we've had a fallout.

I'm not cancelling my holiday and don't mind travelling alone. I know I'll be ok during the day with the pool and beach. I'm a bit wary about going out at night alone but don't fancy staying in the apartment every night. Any advice on what restaurants/bars I should avoid would be most welcome.

Thanks

West Yorks
reviews: 21
1. Re: travelling alone

Hi pavilion, we went as a family last year (inc hubby) he hates flying and we actually considered leaving him at home this year. A joint decision not just mine ha ha. We have 2 small children but I would have taken them on my own. I never felt threatened, or pressured or uncomfortable. The waiters etc. have the knack of making you feel good without being OTT. It's a lovely place. We are there 18th August so come and meet up we are staying at the Kurt apartments and can't wait.

bristol
reviews: 1
2. Re: travelling alone

yea definatley agree! i was a rep over there last year and i went out on an evening a lot on my own and never once felt scared or threatened, the people are so friendly and warm.

when are you there? i am there begining of aug, feel free to meet me? let me know.

Rochdale, United...
reviews: 19
3. Re: travelling alone

you wont have any problems on your own. Its the only place I feel completely comfortable on my own. Where are you staying?

Edinburgh
reviews: 3
4. Re: travelling alone

Thanks for the replies, It helps a lot to know that it shouldn't be too bad being on my own and hopefully I'll meet lots of new people.

I'm staying at the Prestij apartments but I'm not sure where they are. Powerade thanks for the offer of meeting up, if you don't mind can i send you a message with contact details, I'll be there from 1/8 to 22/8

Thanks also jozzyd and dee its nice to hear your comments about how comfortable and at ease you felt in icmeler, it doesn't feel so daunting and now I'm really looking forward to it and can't wait to get there

bristol
reviews: 1
5. Re: travelling alone

heya again! yes of course send me a private message and we can have a chat is you give me your msn or facebook?!

hope to hear from you soon.

kind regards

bradford
reviews: 20
6. Re: travelling alone

hi hope you enjoyed your holiday, im off on the 25th sept on my own so i was just woundering how you got on your own, im looking foward to going but its my first holiday on my own so a bit nervouse,did you get pestered my the turkish men? rita

7. Re: travelling alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 01, 2009