We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

legal age to drink and smoke in turkey

Which Icmeler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
milton keynes
legal age to drink and smoke in turkey

hi any body any idea what the legal age is for drinking and smoking is.

devon
reviews: 9
1. Re: legal age to drink and smoke in turkey

Hi There,

Ive just been looking it up as we are off to Icmeler in August with our son who is 17 years old, and he wants to know !! Kids eh..

Anyway it says you can drink from age of 11 (distilled beverages) which is alcohol as far as I know.. beer, ale wine,sake, etc. But, you have to be 18 to ourchase alcohol. You never said how old you are but I hope this helps. Just be careful if you are under 18 and buying alcohol as their laws are very stict and they will throw you in prison. If you going with parents and over 11 you will be well ok.

Have a great holiday

Julie

milton keynes
2. Re: legal age to drink and smoke in turkey

hi our teeens are 16, thanks for that any idea on smoking?

regards

tony gh

devon
reviews: 9
3. Re: legal age to drink and smoke in turkey

Hi again,

It looks like you have to be 18 to smoke in turkey. Im lucky my lad doesnt smoke but he is certainly looking forward to having a drink.

Please check on the drink age though.. Remember they can drink from 11 but cannot buy until 18 years old.

Did I tell you im off to Icmeler, Turkey, in August. What is the best boat trips there ???

Thanks

Julie

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 2
4. Re: legal age to drink and smoke in turkey

Nobody bothers you about what age you are in turkey.

RON

Liverpool
reviews: 5
5. Re: legal age to drink and smoke in turkey

A no Smoking ban was brought in last Monday. Mainly applies to enclosed spaces including Airport,public transport and government buildings.

It applies to bars and restaurants next May.

General opinion is that it will be ignored. I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
reviews: 35
6. Re: legal age to drink and smoke in turkey

Just for referrance...It is written in many places like the migros shopping mall...that it is forbidden to sell cigarettes and alcohol to anyone under the age of 18 ...so YES there is a age limit..

7. Re: legal age to drink and smoke in turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 27, 2009