We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Denia What to see, where to eat?

Which Denia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ga
reviews: 8
Day Trip to Denia What to see, where to eat?

Hi, I'm planning on taking the tram from Benidorm.

How would locals spend a day?

Where would you eat?

Looking for a nice day and a visit to a locals restaurant.

Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Denia
1. Re: Day Trip to Denia What to see, where to eat?

Hi - if going for the day in the middle of the day, I would walk out of the train station and head across the car park in front ( the tourist office is just on you right and worth picking up a map from) over the road at the crossing and head straight forward taking you to the Main Street (Marques de Campo). If you get to the Main Street this way you will have a Barclays Bank on the right hand corner and an ice cream parlour on the left. Here, turn left onto the Main Street and wander up it. Along this street are lots of bars, cafes, restaurants and lovely shoe shops and boutiques. On the right you will see a tapas bar called Tasca Eulalia which I highly recommend. At the top of the high street you will see a lovely fountain in a small 'square'. From here turn right up a pedestrianised street. At the top is a square with the town hall and church. To the left is Calle Lloreto with lots of tapas bars. Above this part of town is the castle. If you follow the signs you walk up above the town and come to the gates af the castle and follow a winding road up to the top.when you have finished come back down and head for the harbour. Walk along and you will come back to the main street and can then go back to the station.

Depending on what time you arrive, you can catch a little road train to the castle which cuts out the walking. It leaves from just in front of the station car park. Then you can catch it back down and then walk to the Main Street or you can leave it at the castle and walk down.

If you are in Denia early evening (5pm ish) you can go to the fish auction (lonja) on the port and watch the days catch being auctioned.

A little later, in season, the palm lined paseo along the harbour has craft stalls.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

SS x

ga
reviews: 8
2. Re: Day Trip to Denia What to see, where to eat?

Thanks for the suggestions. If we want bocadillas or seafood where would you go?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Denia
3. Re: Day Trip to Denia What to see, where to eat?

Seafood - the port including El Port and El Raset, but any restaurant in Denia will serve daily fish fresh from the market.

We like a restaurant that many might not stop at called Clima. It is on a corner at the end of the palm lined paseo and near the Posado del Mar hotel.

If you had time to travel out of town I could recommend some fantastic seafood restaurants such as Mena on the Las Rotas road but I think that would be stretching it for a day trip.

For bocadillos the Tapas restaurants are your best bet - again I would recommend Tasca Eulalia on the main street. Another speciality are montaditos which are open sandwiches. Again most Tapas restaurants will serve these.

You will be spoilt for choice for fresh, traditional, authentic food.

Enjoy x

4. Re: Day Trip to Denia What to see, where to eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Denia