We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus into Frederick from hotels

Which Frederick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 38
Bus into Frederick from hotels

My husband & I will be in the Frederick area end of June and my guidebook tells me that some of the outlying hotels are served by a local bus service which takes you in to the centre. I can't find any further information or website, can anyone help me?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
1. Re: Bus into Frederick from hotels

This is the website. We would need more info as to which hotels you are referencing and where you're trying to go in ordervto provide more specific info.

frederickcountymd.gov/index.aspx?NID=105

Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 38
2. Re: Bus into Frederick from hotels

Thanks for the information. We haven't booked hotel yet but looking at Hampton Inn Frederick or Holiday Inn & Conference Centre Frederick . We are touring the area by car but thought it would be nice to have a day or two car free to go into downtown Frederick where there are bars & restaurants. Is this possible?

reviews: 30
3. Re: Bus into Frederick from hotels

There is a public bus service in Frederick that you could use and though I'm not positive that it runs past the Hampton Inn, I'm assuming that it probably does since the HI is not too far from downtown Frederick. On a positive note, downtown Frederick is not your average congested, hard-to-drive in city. They have plenty of inexpensive parking garages (many times you can find garages that let you park all day for $1 on the weekend), and the downtown area is very walkable. Most of the bars and restaurants are within a few blocks of each other. Another option might be to take a cab if you simply dont feel like driving into downtown. The Hampton Inn is only about 3 miles from the "city," so the fare wouldn't be too high. Overall, though, I probably would not recommend using the bus. From what I've heard about it, sometimes it can be a little more trouble than its worth. It might be a good idea to ask whichever hotel you choose if they have connection with a public or private transportation service, or if they can make accomodations for you. Enjoy your visit to Frederick, its a lovely town!

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 12
4. Re: Bus into Frederick from hotels

I must've missed this topic when I was in New Orleans for Super Bowl. ; - )

Don't bother with the bus. It runs once an hour, although it does stop at the mall which is near the Holiday Inn, but it's slooooooow. You could catch it into the city and the cab it back to the hotel, or from the Hampton Inn, it would be about a 35 min walk to the downtown area, and then you can cab it back to hotel.

As long as you don't plan on drinking, Frederick is easy to drive to like others have said. Cheap parking is plentiful and there is free street parking on the outskirts of the city.

5. Re: Bus into Frederick from hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, June 15, 2014