We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice to walk?

Which Frederick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Elizabethtown...
reviews: 30
Nice to walk?

My husband and I have reservations for Volt on an upcoming Wednesday evening. I was trying to decide between the Hollerstown Hill B&B at S. Market and Clark, or the Hill House B&B right around the corner from the restaurant on 3rd. Hollerstown gets much better reviews so I was wondering if that was a pleasant walk all the way down Market St. from the restaurant. We are actually happy, typically, to walk a couple blocks after a large meal, but want to make sure it isn't unfriendly to pedestrians to do so.

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 14
1. Re: Nice to walk?

Walking from Hollerstown Hill will be fine. It's a nice walk. You might pass a shady block between South Street and All Saints Street, but even that is harmless. It should take you 20 mins. You may also want to stop for a drink before or after Volt, there are many bars/restaurants along Market Street.

Enjoy Volt -- it's my favorite restaurant. Make sure to also check out other Volt-owned and operated places in town like Lunchbox and Family Meal.

Elizabethtown...
reviews: 30
2. Re: Nice to walk?

Thank you so much! Exactly what I was hoping to hear. We are really looking forward to our time in Frederick.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 43
3. Re: Nice to walk?

Frederick has a great every enlarging but quaint downtown.

You should enjoy. Tasting Room is one of my faves for a drink.

Little bit of Soho in Frederick.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 46
4. Re: Nice to walk?

Also, there is a lovely little creekside park--Carroll Creek Linear Park, by which you can access Baker Park. You can walk quite a long way.

New Market, Maryland
reviews: 7
5. Re: Nice to walk?

Volt is wonderful . I hope you were able to secure table 21 for the evening. Tasting Room does have the best cocktails in Frederick . Go there before or afterward for a drink.

Frederick, MD
reviews: 2
6. Re: Nice to walk?

Yes, Frederick is very walk-able! There is public art along your way, be sure to check that out. here is the largest work, which is along the creek that aster143 mentioned...

www.williamcochran.com/GalleryMain.asp…

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 43
7. Re: Nice to walk?

Teeks

Helps to see how old a post is. This thread is from last summer

Reply to: Nice to walk?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted