We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MD Road Conditions Post-Lee?

Which Frederick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 1
MD Road Conditions Post-Lee?

We have a vacation scheduled for this coming weekend that includes driving from Ohio through PA to Maryland and then down into VA. AAA told us yesterday to think about changing plans, as they have driving alerts for PA due to flooding, and also reports about severe conditions along the Potomac, inluding many roads closed indefinitely'

Is this true, and can anyone advise what the real current conditions are around both the PA and VA borders? Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 40
1. Re: MD Road Conditions Post-Lee?

It so depends on where you will specifically be.

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 1
2. Re: MD Road Conditions Post-Lee?

Our initial route was through Breezewood, PA into Hagerstown, and then down to Williamsburg. We had hoped to avoid I95 around DC, but AAA told us yesterday that was the surest way to get into VA as many of the other roads were closed. Just trying to see if that's true.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 40
3. Re: MD Road Conditions Post-Lee?

Not aware of any issues on interstates in western maryland

Lynchburg, Virginia
reviews: 84
4. Re: MD Road Conditions Post-Lee?

So, your destination is Williamsburg?

What are you using to create your route? I used googlemaps and came up with what looks very workable and avoids I-95 until just south of Fredericksburg, VA. Winds across the Applachians in West Virginia, toward Fredericksburg, and picks up I-64 just north of Richmond and on to Williamsburg.

Trafficland.com is a cool link to traffic cameras across the US. You can choose the city, then click on the camera you want to see "through." Check Virginia and Maryland's state highway sites for more detailed up to the minute road closures.

Edited: 5:30 pm, September 11, 2011
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 12
5. Re: MD Road Conditions Post-Lee?

Every thing should be open by now.

Reply to: MD Road Conditions Post-Lee?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted