We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sundays in Frederick

Which Frederick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chapel Hill, NC
reviews: 135
Sundays in Frederick

Hi There. We're hoping to visit Frederick the first Sunday in April. What are Sundays like in town? Are most of the stores open or closed? If most things are closed - something I never understand for touristy areas - we would instead likely tour one of the Maryland battlefield (Moncacy or Antietam).

Thanks for help!

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 14
1. Re: Sundays in Frederick

Most, if not all, stores will be open by Noon. All the restaurants are open. So you should be perfectly fine visiting on a Sunday. Enjoy!

I can also recommend some good places for brunch or a drink to. Let me know!

Chapel Hill, NC
2. Re: Sundays in Frederick

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Yes, brunch recommendations would be much appreciated. We will have out 11 year old Golden Retriever with us - so bonus points if you know of a place that accommodates large well-behaved beasts.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 43
3. Re: Sundays in Frederick

I don't have a dog but can tell you that Frederick is dog friendly with many places having a water bowl outside.

Agree that sundays are fine. Even better are First Saturdays when there are special events and stores open late. We rarely miss the Xmas one especially.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
4. Re: Sundays in Frederick

Brunch at a more fancier restaurant might be a no-go if you have a dog but there are plenty of places with outdoor seating that accommodate dogs like the previous poster said.

Cafe Nola (cafe & bistro), Griff's Landing (seafood), Brewer's Alley (upscale pub food and microbrewery), Greene Turtle (pub food), Black Hog (BBQ), Isabella's (Spanish Tapas) and Cacique (Mexican/Spanish) all have outdoor seating that should be OK for dogs.

La Paz (Mexican) also has a large outdoor seating area and is very dog friendly but the food is bland and mediocre for Mexican. And beware, Cafe Nola has dreadfully slow service.

Chapel Hill, NC
5. Re: Sundays in Frederick

Awesome, thanks! I described Frederick to my wife as "the little city we're going to see on the way home from Gettysburg that you're going to immediately want to move to." Look forward to visiting, I expect for the firts of many times.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
6. Re: Sundays in Frederick

I work in downtown Frederick and live not too far away so if you need any more recommendations please let me know!

New Market, Maryland
reviews: 7
7. Re: Sundays in Frederick

Great way to describe Frederick to your wife ! If you have time, maybe spend the night and enjoy Saturday in town and Sunday see the battle grounds. You can easily spend an entire day in Frederick. If you're into wine, there are a few wineries around town that allow dogs and there are parks where your dog is sure to have a good time : )

Acacia has a great brunch too and an outdoor patio. Not sure if they allow the dog or not, but it is worth a call to find out.

Edited: 9:31 am, March 25, 2011
8. Re: Sundays in Frederick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, July 13, 2014